Driving from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Ocean City, Maryland covers a distance of 151 miles (or 243 kilometers) in its entirety. Your vacation starts in Philadelphia, in the state of Pennsylvania. It concludes in Ocean City, which is located in Maryland.
- 1 How long is the ride from Philadelphia to Ocean City Maryland?
- 2 Is there a Rehoboth Beach in Maryland?
- 3 How long is the bridge to Ocean City MD?
- 4 How much does it cost to ride the bus in Ocean City MD?
How long is the ride from Philadelphia to Ocean City Maryland?
The amount of time it takes to drive from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Ocean City, Maryland – How long of a drive does it take to get from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Ocean City, Maryland? The entire amount of time spent driving is 2 hours and 42 minutes.
Your vacation starts in Philadelphia, in the state of Pennsylvania. It concludes in Ocean City, which is located in Maryland. It’s possible that you’re interested in finding out how far it is to drive from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Ocean City, Maryland if you’re in the process of organizing a road trip.
You can also calculate the cost of driving from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Ocean City, Maryland by basing it on the current local petrol rates as well as an estimate of the vehicle’s best possible mpg on a gallon of gas. You might be interested in locating the city that is exactly halfway between Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Ocean City, Maryland if you are going to be meeting a buddy there.
How far is Ocean City Delaware to Philadelphia?
Questions & Answers – Which mode of transportation is the most affordable option for traveling from Philadelphia to Ocean City? Driving, which may range in price from €26 to €40 and takes between 2 hours and 51 minutes, is the most economical method to go from Philadelphia to Ocean City.
- More details Which route will get you to Ocean City in the shortest amount of time from Philadelphia? Driving, which may range in price from €26 to €40 and takes between 2 hours and 51 minutes, is the most efficient method to go from Philadelphia to Ocean City.
- More details Is there a bus that travels from Philadelphia to Ocean City without making any stops? There is not a bus that travels directly between the Philadelphia station and Ocean City.
However, there are services that leave from Philadelphia Bus Station and arrive in Ocean City, Maryland through the Downtown Greyhound Bus Terminal in Baltimore, Maryland. These services are provided by Greyhound. The total time required for the trip, including any transfers, is around 6 hours and 40 minutes.
- More details What is the driving distance between Philadelphia and Ocean City? There is a distance of 120 miles (200 km) between Philadelphia and Ocean City.
- The distance through road is 232.2 kilometers.
- Get driving instructions Without a car, what are my options for getting from Philadelphia to Ocean City? It will take you 5 hours and 49 minutes and will cost you between €85 and €270 to take the train and bus to go from Philadelphia to Ocean City if you do not have a vehicle.
More details When traveling from Philadelphia to Ocean City, how long does the trip typically take? When all connections are accounted for, the journey from Philadelphia to Ocean City takes roughly 5 hours 49 minutes. More details Where do I get on the bus that will take me from Philadelphia to Ocean City? At the Philadelphia Bus Station, passengers can board a bus headed in the direction of Ocean City, which is operated by Peter Pan Bus Lines.
- More details The trip from Philadelphia to Ocean City takes around how long.
- The nonstop flight, which takes 1 hour and 20 minutes, is the most efficient way to travel between Philadelphia International Airport and Salisbury Airport.
- Flights of investigation Where does the bus from Philadelphia arrive when it gets to Ocean City? The Ocean City, Maryland station is where passengers on the BayRunner Shuttle’s bus service from Philadelphia to Ocean City disembark.
More details Do you think it’s possible for me to travel from Philadelphia to Ocean City? There is a 232-kilometer distance between Philadelphia and Ocean City while traveling by car. Driving time from Philadelphia to Ocean City is roughly two hours and fifty-one minutes.
Is Baltimore close to Ocean City?
Driving from Baltimore, Maryland to Ocean City, Maryland covers a total distance of 147 miles, which is equivalent to 237 kilometers.
What beach is closest to Philadelphia?
From Brigantine, one may get a good look of the hotels that are located in Atlantic City. (Image: Adam Yesner/Shutterstock) The beach in Brigantine is the first location on our itinerary. Brigantine is the beach that is closest to Philadelphia, and it is located only a little over an hour outside of Center City.
Is Rehoboth Beach better than Ocean City?
Ocean City, Maryland in Contrast to the Beaches of Delaware – QUESTION Trying to determine if Ocean City, Maryland or the resort beach towns in Delaware is the better option for you? There are several factors to take into account. Are there a lot of people at the beaches? What kind of eating experiences do you look forward to the most? Is there trash on the beach, and are there lifeguards on duty? How would you rate the quality of the water? Restrooms in the neighborhood? Is there a boardwalk and can you get meals at the beach? Is there anything I can do with the children here? Is there a lot of surf, and is the beach easy to walk on? What are the typical conditions and temperatures of the ocean? Here is some input from seasoned travelers that has not been influenced in any way.
- Comparison between Ocean City and the Delaware Beaches according to the Tape Concerning: Ocean City vs.
- the Beaches of Delaware Even though the beaches in Delaware are stunning, I would like spend time in Ocean City, Maryland.
- At the northern end of Orange County, you’ll discover a greater concentration of high-rise condominiums and a lower level of activity.
You actually do not need to drive from place to place since Ocean City has buses that carry you all around for a very cheap day cost, and they take you everywhere. The Boardwalk Tram is another one of my favorites since not only is it reasonably priced but also many children like taking it.
- Consequently, I have a preference for Ocean City.
- There are plenty of kid-friendly activities, such as mini golf and other amusements, and the environment is spotless and secure.
- Ocean City in Maryland Boardwalk Concerning: Ocean City vs.
- the Beaches of Delaware OC is a massive beach town that also has a lot of excitement.
Although Ocean City is a favorite among young people, some adults believe that the town is too commercial, too rowdy, and too noisy. Ocean City offers a bigger variety of lodging options, a greater number of attractions, beaches that are wider, a boardwalk that is longer, etc.
- It’s a much bigger resort area with hotels and condominiums along the streets for blocks and blocks.
- There are just a handful of hotels, cottages and other types of vacation rentals in Rehoboth, some of which are located within a short walking distance of the beach.
- I would suggest checking at Delaware beaches for a vacation rental if that is what you are looking for.
For my perspective, Orange County is a bit too touristic and congested at times. The beaches in Delaware are noticeably more sophisticated, in addition to being more peaceful and suitable for families. My vote goes to Delaware, and I’ll keep sending folks to Ocean City so that Bethany and Rehoboth may maintain their status as quaint, low-key communities.
- You should also consider Fenwick Island, as it is the first beach town in Delaware and is located on the border between Delaware and Maryland.
- The hotel is charming, clean, and welcoming to families with children.
- Concerning: Ocean City vs.
- the Beaches of Delaware The length of Ocean City is nine miles, and the boardwalk extends all the way to 27th street from the inlet.
The volume of vehicles moving through the roadway is often high, yet the flow of traffic is not impeded by the synchronization of the stoplights. In my perspective, the nine miles have a lower population density than the region along the Coastal Highway in Delaware.
- It is also important to know that all nine miles of Ocean City have been developed.
- It is not necessary to travel more than one mile from your position in Ocean City in order to reach a range of good restaurants, amusements, attractions, and loads of things for children to do in Ocean City, Maryland.
Concerning: Ocean City vs. the Beaches of Delaware I would suggest Rehoboth Beach or Bethany for families with younger children. They each feature beaches and boardwalks that are of the highest quality. The boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach is considerably less expansive.
The cuisine in Rehoboth is more refined, whereas Delaware is known for its tax-free shopping. Check out Bethany Beach as well; it’s conveniently located in the middle of Rehoboth and Ocean City. It is really peaceful, and it caters very well to families. It has a fantastic boardwalk and beach. It would be a mistake to miss Fenwick Island’s beaches because they are attractive and well maintained.
In general, there are many alternatives available to you, and you are already at the beach; where else would you rather be? Concerning: Ocean City vs. the Beaches of Delaware I would suggest Bethany Beach or Fenwick Island to families with small children.
Ocean City is easily accessible from both of these locations and makes for an excellent day trip destination. The affluent and highly expensive town of Rehoboth Beach located in Delaware. In Orange County, there is a wide range of entertainment options available for both younger children and adolescents.
While parking in Rehoboth and Bethany is difficult and expensive, parking in Ocean City is significantly more convenient. Because of its reputation as a party destination and its abundance of people in their twenties as well as beach bars, Dewey Beach is not the ideal destination for vacations with young families.
- It is, however, located close south of Rehoboth.
- Have fun on your trip regardless of where you end up going.
- It is the ideal location for a young person since Bethany Beach has a classic boardwalk that is lined with beach stores and delicious food.
- Bethany Beach is also a good area to unwind and relax.
Your ultimate choice will be determined by the activities and pursuits that are most satisfying to you. If you want to have the most memorable vacation possible, you need to make an informed decision about the sort of beach you want to visit.
How far is it from Rehoboth Beach Maryland to Ocean City Maryland?
Driving directions from Rehoboth Beach to Ocean City, Maryland: If you take Route DE 1, it will take you around 25 miles to get from Rehoboth Beach to Ocean City in Maryland. It will take around forty-five minutes if you do not stop for any breaks and there is no traffic.
|Ocean City, MD||Rehoboth Beach, DE||25 Miles||45 Minutes|
|Baltimore, MD||Rehoboth Beach, DE||115 Miles||3 Hours|
|Boston, MA||Rehoboth Beach, DE||425 Miles||7.5 Hours|
|Cincinnati, OH||Rehoboth Beach, DE||635 Miles||10-11 Hours|
|Cleveland, OH||Rehoboth Beach, DE||490 Miles||8 Hours|
|Columbus, OH||Rehoboth Beach, DE||530 Miles||9 Hours|
|Harrisburg, PA||Rehoboth Beach, DE||170 Miles||4 Hours|
|New York, NY||Rehoboth Beach, DE||215 Miles||4 Hours|
|Philadelphia, PA||Rehoboth Beach, DE||125 Miles||3 Hours|
|Pittsburgh, PA||Rehoboth Beach, DE||360 Miles||6.5 Hours|
|Reading, PA||Rehoboth Beach, DE||145 Miles||3.5 Hours|
|Richmond, VA||Rehoboth Beach, DE||235 Miles||4.5 Hours|
|Washington DC||Rehoboth Beach, DE||125 Miles||3 Hours|
Is there a Rehoboth Beach in Maryland?
In comparison to Rehoboth, Ocean City, Maryland, which is spread out along nearly 15 miles of coastal roadway, Rehoboth is more compact. The downtown area is one square mile in size, and the boardwalk is the same length as the downtown area.
How long is the bridge to Ocean City MD?
|Chesapeake Bay Bridge|
|Both spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge as seen from Sandy Point State Park|
|Coordinates||38°59′30″N 76°22′20″W / 38.99167°N 76.37222°W Coordinates : 38°59′30″N 76°22′20″W / 38.99167°N 76.37222°W|
|Carries||5 lanes of US 50 / US 301|
|Locale||Anne Arundel and Queen Anne’s Counties , Maryland|
|Official name||Gov. William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial Bridge|
|Other name(s)||“Bay Bridge”|
|Maintained by||Maryland Transportation Authority , State of Maryland|
|Design||Cantilever bridge (eastbound), Continuous truss bridge (westbound), and Suspension bridges (both spans)|
|Material||Steel , concrete|
|Total length||4.35 mi (7.00 km) (eastbound) 4.33 mi (6.97 km) (westbound)|
|Width||28 ft (8.5 m) (eastbound) 38 ft (11.6 m) (westbound)|
|Height||354 ft (107.9 m) (eastbound) 379 ft (115.5 m) (westbound)|
|Longest span||1,600 ft (488 m)|
|Clearance below||186 ft (56.7 m)|
|Opened||July 30, 1952 (now eastbound) June 28, 1973 (westbound)|
|Toll||$4.00 (eastbound only)|
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is a significant dual-span bridge located in the state of Maryland in the United States of America. It is also known as the Bay Bridge by locals. It is a bridge that across the Chesapeake Bay and connects the more rural Eastern Shore of the state with the more metropolitan Western Shore of the state, namely between Stevensville and Annapolis, the state capital.
The initial bridge, which was inaugurated in 1952 and measured 4.3 miles (6.9 kilometers) in length, was the largest continuous over-water steel construction in the world at the time.1973 saw the construction of the parallel span. After several decades of political indecision and public controversy, the bridge was officially christened the Gov.
William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial Bridge in honor of William Preston Lane Jr., who served as the 52nd Governor of Maryland and was responsible for initiating the construction of the bridge in the late 1940s. The bridge is an important connection point for both U.S.
Route 50 (US 50) and US Route 301, since it is a component of both highways. The Baltimore–Washington Metropolitan Area is connected to Ocean City, Maryland, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, and other coastal tourist resort sites by this route, which is a component of the transcontinental US 50 highway. It is a portion of the United States Route 301 and, as such, provides an alternate route for motorists traveling between the northern section of Delaware and the area around Washington, District of Columbia.
Because of this connection, the bridge sees a lot of foot traffic and has earned a reputation as a point of traffic congestion, particularly during the busiest times of the day and during the summer months. Before the first span of the bridge was built, ferries were responsible for transporting people and goods across the water.
- Since 1975, on occasion, organizers have staged a yearly 10K race that takes place across the bridge.
- Since the completion of the bridge, both Queen Anne’s County and Ocean City have experienced tremendous economic growth, which is a direct result of the bridge’s connectivity and economic benefits to the places it links.
Since 2004, there have been discussions on the future expansion of the bridge, which led to the formation of a task group in order to study the potential of constructing a third span. Due to the fact that the two structures have names that are so similar, they are sometimes mistaken with one another.
How much does it cost to ride the bus in Ocean City MD?
Transit service is provided to and from the 144th Street Station through the South Division Street Transit Station.
|SUMMER||May 27 – Sept.18, 2022||6am – 3am / Approx. every 15 min.3am – 6am / No Bus Service|
|FALL||Sept.19 – Oct.30, 2022||6am – 2am / Approx. every 30 min.2am – 6am / No Bus Service|
Take a trip with us on one of the municipal buses that operate in Ocean City and go along Coastal Highway. Our buses are not only risk-free and hygienic but also dependable, convenient, and punctual. A Ride-All-Day pass costs $3 and gives you access to public transportation beginning at 6:00 a.m.
and continuing until 3:00 a.m. the following morning. Our courteous and well-informed drivers will be more than happy to transport you to either the South Division Street Transit Center or the North end Transit Center, as well as any other location in between the two. Don’t forget that with your $3 pass, you may ride one of our Park & Ride buses to our stunning West Ocean City Park & Ride facility for no additional charge when you transfer to one of our Park & Ride buses.
Please take the time to check the “Beach Bus” section of the Park n Ride website for further information on its operating schedule. In addition to serving as a parking lot, the Park and Ride Facility acts as a Shore Transit transfer station. Buses in Ocean City are designed to accommodate passengers who use wheelchairs.
Ocean City Transportation will carry a mobility device provided a vehicle lift/ramp and securement space are able to handle the equipment (and user). The standard fare for the entire day is $3. There is a requirement for exact cash payment, as well as the usage of a pre-paid picture ID General Bus Pass, which may be purchased from City Hall.
Senior Citizens age 65 and over, Disabled Persons, Medicare card holders, and Ocean City Non-Resident Senior Bus Pass holders are eligible for a discounted fare of $1.50 for unlimited rides throughout the day. It is possible that proof of eligibility will be sought.