To unblock a friend
- Tap your profile icon in the top of the screen.
- Tap ⚙️ to open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Blocked’
- Tap ✖️ next to a name to unblock that Snapchatter.
- 1 Can someone block and unblock on Snapchat?
- 2 How long does it take to unblock someone on Snapchat?
Can someone block and unblock on Snapchat?
While friends can be blocked on Snapchat for a number of reasons, they can also be unblocked in a few taps. Here’s how to do it on Android and iOS. For Snapchat users who have temporarily blocked a friend, the app offers an easy way to unblock them in a few taps. There are plenty of reasons why a user may want to block someone on a social media platform or messaging app. Sometimes blocking a person is permanent, but other times, it can be a temporary measure.
The option to block or unblock users on Snapchat is available on both Android and iOS, and the process is identical on both platforms. To unblock someone on Snapchat, open the app and tap on the Bitmoji or user icon in the top-left corner of the screen. On the profile page, hit the gear icon in the top-right corner to access Snapchat settings.
Now scroll down and select ‘ Blocked ‘ to see a list of all Snapchat users that have been blocked by that account. From the list, locate the user that needs to be unblocked and then press the ‘X’ icon next to their name, On the confirmation popup, select ‘ Yes ‘ to unblock that user.
How long does it take to unblock someone on Snapchat?
Download Article Quickly unblock a Snapchat user to let them contact you again Download Article Did you change your mind about blocking somebody on Snapchat? When you block someone, you also remove them from your friend list. Fortunately, you can unblock someone on Snapchat from your settings in a few simple steps. Once you’ve unblocked a Snapchat user, you can add them to your friends list and exchange Snaps.
- When you block a user, they’ll also be removed from your friend list.
- To unblock, click your profile picture → the cog icon → Blocked Users. Click the X next to the user and tap Yes.
- To block, tap and hold a user. Tap Manage Friendship → Block → Block.
- 1 Open the Snapchat app. This is the white ghost with a yellow background.
- Snapchat is available for iOS in the App Store and for Android in the Google Play Store,
- If you aren’t already logged in, tap Sign in to do so now, or create an account,
- 2 Tap your profile picture. This will be in the top-left corner, regardless of which tab you’re on.
- A new page will open.
- 3 Tap the cog icon. You can find this in the top-right corner. This will open the Settings,
- 4 Scroll down and tap Blocked Users, This will be under the Privacy Controls header, below See My Location,
- You’ll see a list of all currently blocked users.
- 5 Tap the X next to the user. The users are listed in the order they were blocked, with the most recent at the top.
- When a user is unblocked, they’ll be removed from this list. Note down their username if you want to add them again after unblocking.
- 6 Tap Yes, The user will be unblocked.
- To stay safe on Snapchat, make sure the person you unblock is trustworthy.
- Add the user again if you want them on your friend list. If they aren’t showing up in the search, you may need to wait 24 hours to add them.
Add New Question
- Question Why isn’t Snapchat letting me add my friend back to my friends list? If you’ve deleted someone from your friends list, you’ll need to wait at least 24 hours before you can add them again. Try again tomorrow.
- Question After I unblock someone, how do I send them Snaps again? You may need to add the unblocked person as a friend again, and that person may need to add you back as well, depending on their privacy settings. Once you’re both friends again, you can send and receive Snaps without seeing the “Pending” message.
- Question If I sent a message to someone and then blocked them before they saw it, will they be able to see it if I unblock them? If it has been 24 hours, I don’t think so. It’s the same when someone sends you a sentence in the “chat” and you don’t open it. It expires after a day so they can’t see it.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
If you are receiving random Snapchats from people you don’t know, you can change your settings so only your friends can send you snaps. Go to Settings → Contact Me → Friends,
Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Advertisement Article Summary X 1. Open Snapchat 2. Tap your profile icon.3. Tap the Settings gear.4. Scroll down and tap Blocked 5. Tap X next to a friend’s name.6. Tap Yes when prompted. Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 1,525,939 times.
Can you still Snapchat someone if they blocked you?
3. Try sending a message – One last way is to try sending a message. If the contact you think has blocked you is already in your chat list, you can try sending them a message. If you have indeed been blocked, your message will not be sent and you will get a message saying “Failed to send – Tap to try again”,
Can a person see if I block them on Snapchat?
Do They Get Notified When You Block Them? – The other person doesn’t get notified when you block them on Snapchat. There’s also no sure way for them to find out that you blocked them. Snapchat designed this feature to protect the blocker by not letting the blocked person know they have been blocked.
Can you see if someone screenshots Snapchat messages?
2. Can you tell if someone screenshots your Snapchat? Yes, a Snapchat user can tell if someone has taken a screenshot of their message or conversation. Snapchat has built-in features that detect when a screenshot is taken and sends a notification to the sender.
When you unblock someone on Snapchat can you see old messages?
Sent Messages Remain Unread When you unblock a contact, you won’t receive any messages that the blocked contact sent you while being blocked. The same scenario applies to snaps as well. If a contact tried to send a snap while he/she was blocked, unblocking them won’t make the snap appear in the chat menu.