Turn off suggested posts in your Instagram feed – Ketaki Bhojnagarwala/SlashGear Suggested posts on Instagram often appear with a Suggested for you tag, but may display other text. There are two ways to turn off suggested posts on Instagram – on the feed and in Settings. Here’s how to mute them directly from your feed.
Find a suggested post on your Instagram feed. Tap the x above the post. Tap Snooze all suggested posts in feed for 30 days.
A banner will now appear on the screen informing you that all suggested posts will be hidden for 30 days. To turn off suggested posts in Instagram settings, follow these steps:
Tap the profile picture on the Instagram app. Tap the three lines in the top-right corner and select Settings and privacy. Tap Suggested content. Turn on the toggle next to Snooze suggested posts in feed.
Once snoozed, Instagram will display how many days suggested posts will remain hidden for in this menu. Unfortunately, there’s no way to turn off suggested posts permanently. This means you’ll need to repeat these steps every month.
- 1 Why is my Instagram full of suggested posts?
- 2 Why am I seeing so many suggested for you posts?
How do I get rid of Instagram suggested posts?
Tap above a post in your feed. Tap Not Interested. From here, you can also: Tap seeing suggested posts from this account.
Why is my Instagram full of suggested posts?
You may see suggested posts in places such as your Instagram feed, Reels tab and Explore. These suggestions are based on things like: Your activity: The accounts you follow and what posts you’ve liked, saved or commented on.
Do Instagram suggestions go away?
How to Clear Instagram Search History and Suggestions – Like with any social media app, you can clear your search history, but it won’t always get rid of all Instagram search suggestions. Instagram will still suggest certain accounts based on your activity and interactions on the app.
Can you turn off suggested for you posts?
How to Take Some Control Over “Suggested For You” Posts – While you can’t stop “Suggested For You” posts from appearing in your feed, you can stop specific types of posts from showing up or block posts from specific sites you don’t want to see. To do so, however, you’ll need to wait until you see a “Suggested For You” post that you don’t like in your feed.
- The most effective way to stop seeing unwanted “Suggested For You” posts is to use the Hide option.
- This stops you from seeing not just posts from the specific account that posted it but also blocks similar posts.
- While this isn’t always 100% effective, it’s a broader approach than blocking individual accounts.
To control your Suggested For You posts:
- Find a “Suggested For You” post in your feed that you’d rather not see.
- In the top right-hand corner of the post, click the three dots icon.
- To stop seeing posts similar to this suggested post, click Hide post,
- To temporarily stop seeing posts from the specific account that the post is from, click Snooze for 30 days,
- If you want to permanently block posts from the specific account that the post is from, click Hide all from,
- If you think there is a reason why the post is offensive or upsetting, you can click Report Post to register your concerns.
Why am I seeing so many suggested for you posts?
How Does Facebook’s “Suggested for You” Feature Work? – “Suggested for you” is a Facebook feature that suggests relevant content based on the user’s activity. Users may see videos similar to one they have commented on, a photo they have just downloaded, or an article they have spent several minutes reading.
- Topics you’ve previously engaged with.
- Content with higher engagement by other members of the page or group you also frequently converse with.
- The type of content people in the same location as you are currently engaged with.
Facebook content creators can benefit significantly from these suggestions, which increase the reach and engagement of Facebook posts, However, these can sometimes be annoying for users—especially if the content they see is irrelevant. Sadly, Facebook doesn’t allow users to disable these suggestions. The question is, why?
How do I turn on suggested accounts on Instagram?
Step 1: Enable the suggestions feature – To get started, all you need to do is adjust your Instagram settings! Unfortunately, this particular feature isn’t currently available via the Instagram mobile app, so you’ll need to open Instagram from a non-mobile browser. Here, visit your profile, and select the edit profile button. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and check the box to enable similar account suggestions.
How do you reset what Instagram shows you?
The Ultimate Guide to Resetting Your Instagram Explore Page All the best ways to give your Instagram Explore page a fresh new look Are you tired of seeing the same posts on your Instagram Explore page? While Instagram curates your Explore page based on the content and people you interact with most, they don’t always get it right! While you can’t completely reset Explore short of creating a new account, there are easy ways to improve the page to see more relevant content.
- To quickly reset the Explore page to display new posts and reels, pull down from the top of the page.
- You can control what you see on the Explore page by selecting unwanted posts and reels and choosing “Not Interested.” This improves the algorithm over time.
- Deleting the app cache and data will display different posts and reels on Explore, but it won’t completely reset the algorithm.
- 1 Go to the Explore page. If you’re seeing the same posts and reels on the Explore page and want to check out something new, you can use this method to do a quick refresh. Open the Instagram app and tap the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of your screen.
- 2 Pull down from the top of your screen. On the Explore page, you will see a variety of posts and that Instagram thinks you’ll like. Pull down from the top of the screen to refresh this content. Once done, you should see a whole new set of images and videos.
- This is the quickest and easiest way to reset your Instagram Explore page, but it won’t change the type of content you’ll see. Instagram builds your Explore page based on how you use Instagram, including the and shared, the accounts you, and who you’re connected to.
- 1 Go to the Instagram Explore page. Open the Instagram app and tap the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of your screen. If you’re seeing posts you don’t like on your Explore page, there’s an easy way to tweak the algorithm to see better results.
- You can use this method to mark the Explore posts you don’t like as “Not Interested,” which will improve your recommendations over time.
- This is the most effective way to reset your Explore page, although you won’t see a drastic change immediately. The more posts and reels you mark as Not Interested, the better your Explore page will be.
- 2 Tap on a tile that does not interest you. Choose any photo or video that contains something you’d rather not see on your Explore page.
- 3 Tap the three vertical dots. You’ll see this dots at the top-right or bottom-right corner of the video or post, depending on the type of content.
- 4 Tap Not interested, This hides the selected post or reel from your Explore page and instructs Instagram to show you less of that type of content.
- You may then choose to provide Instagram with additional information, citing words or phrases that you no longer want to see, or notifying the company that this specific post made you uncomfortable.
- 5 Repeat the process for other posts to refine your explorer page. Continue to find unwanted posts and label them as “Not interested”, Over time, this work should tailor your Instagram Explore page to more closely match your interests and needs.
- This is the only way to reset your Explore page within the app. will not impact the content on your Explore page.
- 1 Navigate to your Android’s Settings. You can look for the Settings app, or you can pull down from the top of your screen and tap the gear icon located within your notifications menu.
- Clearing your Instagram app data and cache won’t fully reset your Explore page, but it can help to bring you newer content you may not have seen otherwise.
- 2 Tap Apps, On some Android phones and tablets, this option is represented by a group of dots forming a grid.
- 3 Select Instagram, You may have to select See all apps first. Or, if you have a Samsung Galaxy, you can type Instagram into the search field to find it.
- 4 Tap Storage & cache or Storage, Here, you can see the space taken up by the Instagram app on your phone.
- 5 Tap Clear Cache and/or Clear Data, At the very least, clear the cache. These are residual files that build up over time and may include bits of personal data that dictate what appears on your Explore page.
- Clearing Instagram’s data is more likely to help reset your Explore page, but keep in mind that this clears the app’s settings entirely. After clearing the data, you will need to sign in to Instagram again.
- Clearing the cache can prove helpful whenever an app is slow or unresponsive.
- 1 Open your iPhone’s Settings app. It is represented by a group of overlapping gears.
- Unlike Android, you can’t clear your Instagram data or cache without deleting and reinstalling the app. Keep in mind that this will log you out of Instagram, so you’ll need to sign in again after downloading the app.
- 2 Tap General, You’ll see this in the third group of settings.
- 3 Tap iPhone Storage, It’s near the middle of the menu. Here, you should see all the apps taking up on your device.
- 4 Tap Instagram, Scroll until you find Instagram, and then tap on it.
- 5 Delete the app. Tap the red button reading “Delete App” and then follow the on-screen instructions to confirm.
Ask a Question Advertisement Written by: wikiHow Technology Writer This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer,, Cory Stillman is a Technology Writer for wikiHow. Cory has experience writing about Film and TV for several online publications, including Screen Rant and Film Cred.
- Co-authors: 3
- Updated: January 16, 2023
- Views: 81,039
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 81,039 times. : The Ultimate Guide to Resetting Your Instagram Explore Page
How do I stop someone’s posts appearing on my news feed?
Manage Who You Follow – You can unfollow multiple people in one shot or re-follow someone you previously unfollowed. Click your profile icon in the upper right, select Settings & privacy > Feed, At the Manage your feed window, select Unfollow people and groups, Select the people, pages, or groups you no longer want to appear on your News Feed and then close the window. (Credit: Lance Whitney/Facebook) If you’re ready to see posts from people you unfollowed, click the option for Reconnect at the Manage your feed window. Select the people whose posts you want to reappear in your News Feed. Close the window. (Credit: Lance Whitney/Facebook) Next, you can snooze the posts of multiple people in one shot and unsnooze those you previously snoozed. At the Manage your feed window, click the option for Snooze. Select the people you want to snooze or unsnooze and then close the window.