- 0.1 How do I turn off my S22 without Bixby?
- 0.2 How do I turn off the power button on my Samsung?
- 0.3 Why won’t Samsung turn off?
- 0.4 Where is the power button on my Samsung?
- 0.5 Where is the power button on my Samsung phone?
- 1 What are the buttons on the side of the s22?
How do I turn off my S22 without Bixby?
Method 2: Switch off your Galaxy S22 series smartphone using Bixby – As mentioned earlier, pressing and holding the power button on a Galaxy S22 series device triggers Bixby by default. And you can use this to your advantage by asking Bixby to switch off or reboot your phone for you.
- Simply trigger Bixby and say “Switch off” or “Turn off my phone.” Bixby will then ask you if you’re sure and bring up a confirmation prompt with two buttons – Power off and Reboot.
- You can then tap on the former to turn off your Galaxy S22 series device or the latter to restart it.
- If you’re not fond of either of these methods, you’d be glad to know that you can also switch off a Galaxy S22 series device from the Quick Settings menu.
Read on to find out how. To turn off your Galaxy S22 series device using the Quick Settings menu, simply swipe down twice on your home screen. This will open up Quick Settings and you’ll see a power icon in the top right corner next to the settings cog.
- Tapping on this button will open up the same power menu we saw in the first method.
- You can then tap on the gray Power off button to switch off your device or the green Restart button to reboot it.
- Still not satisfied with these alternatives? You’d be glad to know that Samsung also lets you remap the Side key to open the power menu by default.
But in order to do so, you’ll have to make a couple of changes. To remap the Side key and set it to open the power menu by default, you’ll have to jump into the device settings. You can do so by tapping on the Settings icon in the app drawer or by tapping on the settings cog in the Quick Settings menu.
Once you’re in the Settings menu, head over to the Advanced features section and tap on the Side key option. On the following page, tap on the Power off menu option under the Press and hold section to remap the Side key. Your Galaxy S22 series device will now open the power menu instead of Bixby when you press and hold the side key, letting you easily switch off or reboot it.
If you want to skip a couple of steps, you can simply search for the Side key setting by tapping on the search icon in the top right corner of the Settings menu. Now that you’re familiar with all these methods, let’s take a look at another alternative that might come in handy when your phone becomes unresponsive and none of these methods seem to work.
Disabling Home and Power Buttons – Note: This feature is applicable only to Samsung Knox devices. To disable Home/Power button,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Policies,
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy,
- Navigate to Android > Restrictions > Basic and click on Configure,
- Under Allow Device Functionality, you’ll have the options to disable Home/Power button.
- Home button -Uncheck this option to restrict users from using the Home button.
- Power Off -Uncheck this option to restrict users from turning their devices off.
- Navigate to Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown,
- Select either Single App / Multi-App Kiosk mode.
- Navigate to Policy Targets and click on the +Add Devices button to add the devices you wish to associate the policy to. Click on Save,
Why won’t Samsung turn off?
Option 2. Hard Restart Samsung Phone – If your Samsung phone is not turning off because it’s frozen, you can do a hard restart to resolve the problem. Samsung phones or devices usually freeze when too many apps open simultaneously. When this happens, you sometimes need to force it to restart for it to function again. If the problem is still there, kindly refer to the other methods.
Stop Bixby from accidentally opening whenever you hold the side button – Bixby, Samsung’s personal voice assistant, allows you to run any number of commands with just your voice. Speak and you can play an album from Spotify, text your friend or find photos from a vacation you took last year. By default, the side button on the Galaxy S22 wakes up Bixby, but if you don’t use the voice assistant, that might be kind of annoying because it’s easy enough to accidentally trigger. If you don’t want to bring up Bixby anytime you press down on the side button, go to Settings > Advanced features > Side key, From there, you can choose to instead open the power off menu (power off, restart and emergency mode) when you press and hold down on the side button. You can also change what happens when you double-press the side key, or disable that feature altogether. If you don’t use Bixby, you can prevent it from opening when you hit the side key. Nelson Aguilar/CNET
Front Right Underside of TV –
- Another common place for Samsung to put the power button is under the front right underside of the TV.
- This is also the place where some Samsung TV models houses the IR Receiver (that receives signals from the TV Remote).
- As a result, it is one of the last places many TV owners are likely to look for the power button.
Way 1. Turn on Phone with Fingerprint Scanner – On the latest Samsung devices, the fingerprint scanner is always activated and functioning to facilitate user operations. So, when the Power button is not working on Samsung, you can make use of the fingerprint feature from the Settings to configure it for the Samsung device to turn ON and OFF. Try a Fingerprint Scanner Further Reading: How to Bypass Fingerprint Lock on Android >
What is the Side key on Galaxy S22? – The Side key on Galaxy S22 is a combination of the traditional Power key and Samsung’s unpopular Bixby key. So, it makes some new users confused about this special button. Samsung introduced the Bixby key in Galaxy S8 to promote its voice assistant Bixby,
And the Bixby button is later included in S9 and S10, But the reception was far below expectation. The usage of the Bixby key and Bixby itself among Galaxy phone owners is too low. And many owners even want to disable Bixby because it becomes a bit annoying when you frequently launch Bixby inadvertently.
So, in Galaxy S20, Samsung revamped the design and moved the volume key from the left side to the right side of the phone. The Bixby key was combined with the Power button. And Samsung named it Side key, Galaxy S21 and S22 followed the same design. Essentially, the Side key on Galaxy S22 combines the Bixby key and the traditional power key.
- It offers some functions of the old Bixby key and some functions of the Power key.
- Of course, you can customize the functions exactly as the old Power key (read on).
- As shown in the Galaxy S22 layou t, the Side key is located on the phone’s right side and below the volume key.
- The Galaxy S22 Side key will be just the power key when the phone is powered off.
The added functions are available only after the phone is powered up.