- 1 How do I get my Sky Q mini remote to work?
- 1.1 Why is my Sky Q remote not connecting?
- 1.2 How do I reset Q remote?
- 1.3 Which remotes work with Sky Q?
- 1.4 How do I get my Sky remote back to a previous channel?
- 2 How do I pair my Sky Q mini box?
Can you pair another Sky Q remote?
(Please note “As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, which helps us keep running this website – thank you!) – How do I pair it with my Sky Q or Sky Q Mini Box? Important to note, you’ll need to setup the new remote as Sky Q boxes are paired to the original remote you received, this process clears the history of the old remote and sets up your new one Instructions to Pair – Hold buttons 1 and 3 until the red light flashes and a message should pop up on screen to pair the remote to your TV.
My dog has eaten my remote again, how do I buy a replacement one? Well, you’re in luck we sell them here How many handsets can I use with my Sky Q Box? You can use two, however one will need to be Infrared and the other Bluetooth. Sky Q boxes only allow one Bluetooth remote to be paired at a time. What is Voice Search? The Sky Q Remote Control comes with a Blue and White Voice Search button this will only work if your Sky Q box is connected to the Internet, press the button until you see the search box on the screen and then speak your required TV Program Will this Sky Q Remote work on a Sky Q Mini box ? Yes it works with Sky Q 1TB, 2TB and Sky Q Mini Boxes Will this remote still control the Sky q box when it is in an enclosed cabinet? The Sky Q Remote Control has built-in Bluetooth Technology with a range of 10 metres, it can penetrate the glass/wooden cabinet What do I need to do to setup the TV Volume and Power? Hold down 1 & 3 and then follow the on screen guidance, the Sky Q boxes have a wizard driven menu and will find your TV Brand for you (please note due to the sheer number of different manufacturers not all are supported).
Will the bluetooth remote work on older mini boxes? for example my Sky Q box is 3 to 4 years old and came with an infra red remote. Yes, you can replace your old infrared remotes with Bluetooth ones which have the voice button on the front, so that all rooms can have voice control.
- How do I setup 2 Sky Remotes to work on my Sky Q Box? You can use 1x Bluetooth (Sky Q Remote Control EC201/EC202 with the Voice Search) and 1 x Sky Remote Control Infrared (ECO60), NOTE: only one remote supports Voice Search functionality.
- The 2 remotes are set up by doing the following: To pair your Voice Search remote press 1 and 3 together, then for your infrared remote press 4 and 6 together until the remote indicator flashes four times.
This will pair the second controller to your box Will one blue tooth remote work one Sky Q box and two Sky Q Mini boxes ? Unfortunately, you will need a remote for each box Have you got any protective covers/stickers for this kind of remote? No, we don’t sell the covers for this model Is there a manual for Sky Q remote with voice control ? No there is no manual.
Sky is committed to saving the planet and have their visual guides online to save paper. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-sky-q-remote Will the Voice Search work on a Sky Q Mini box ? Yes, Your Sky Q Mini box will need internet access and once the remote has been successfully paired using the 1 and 3 buttons, you should be able to Voice Search.
How do I factory reset my Sky Q Remote? If you just can’t get your remote working, double check the batteries are in the right way and then reset the remote by pressing 7 and 9 together until the remote light flashes 4 times, then repeat the setup steps again.
I can’t get Voice Search to work? Please note for the blue voice control button to work, your Sky Q box must be connected to the internet for the search to work, if it doesn’t work after pairing the remote, reboot your Sky Q box To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q Remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains. Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led) note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return. Press the ‘ Q button’ on the front of your Sky Q box and after a few seconds a paired Sky Q touch/Sky Q remote with Voice Control will beep for 30 seconds. Once you’ve found it, press any button on your remote to stop the beeping. NOTE: Find My Remote doesn’t work with the Sky Q Mini box, just the main Sky Q box.
How do I get my Sky Q mini remote to work?
Re: Remote won’t work on mini box To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains. Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your mini box back on at the mains. note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.
Why is my Sky Q remote not connecting?
Re: Sky Q remote not working Try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote. Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times. Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.
How do I reset Q remote?
New sky q remote control setup unsuccessful wrote: My new sky Q remote control continuously failing to setup unsuccessfully. I have tried 1+3 also 7+9 then trying again. I have even reset the box and still non success. The remote controls the sky channels but no connection to controlling my samsung TV.
Hi Try the remote setup again.The most important aspect is to make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3.Try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote againPress and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times. Provided the remote LED flashes 4 times the remote will be reset to infrared mode.Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the led flashes twice and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.If it is still unsuccessful you can also try pairing in Home – Settings – Setup – Remote control
: New sky q remote control setup unsuccessful
Why is my remote not working even with new batteries?
Section B: Checking items of the remote control (common) – Note: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution, check the function of the remote control after completing each step.
- Make sure none of the remote buttons are jammed or stuck.
- The remote control battery terminals may be dirty. Remove the batteries and clean the remote control terminals with a small solution of alcohol, using a cotton bud or soft cloth, then place the batteries back into the remote control.
- Replace with fresh batteries. Notes:
- Insert a battery consistent with the + pole and – pole according to the indication.
- Be sure to insert a battery starting with the – pole side.
- Do not use a new battery and a used battery, or different kinds of batteries together.
- Do not use a rechargeable battery.
- If an issue being is caused by an external factor, such as network service/data broadcasting/connected device, it may be improved by resetting your TV.
- For how to reset Android TV/Google TV, refer to the article How to reset an Android TV/Google TV?
- For how to reset the other TV models, refer to the article How to perform a power reset on a Sony television.
- For Android TV/Google TV: symptoms may improve by updating the remote control software. To see if there is a software update for the remote control, refer to the article How to perform a TV remote control software update.
- Remove any connected devices (external USB hard disk, HDMI connection device, etc.) and cables from the TV terminal to confirm there are no influences from these devices. Notes:
- Do not remove the TV power cable.
- If connections are complicated, take note of them, and make sure you can reassemble them before removing them.
- When a specific device is connected and the TV flashes, there is a possibility there is a problem with that connected device.
If symptoms do not improve even after the procedures up to this step have been checked, proceed to Section C,
Which remotes work with Sky Q?
Whether you have the Sky Q Touch remote, Sky Q remote with Voice Control, or a Sky Q Accessibility remote, your remote has been specially designed to make navigating around your Sky Q box easy. Here’s a handy guide to using your remote: If you need help setting up or fixing a problem with your Sky Q remote, please visit our diagnostic steps
Do all Sky remotes work with all Sky boxes?
Compatibilities of our Sky remote controls – Our wide range of Sky TV remote controls operate both your Sky box and television set. We supply TV controllers that are compatible with all Sky boxes, including the Sky Digibox, Sky+ and all Sky+ HD boxes including the Terabyte box.
- If you are currently using one of the standard Sky digiboxes and you are looking for a replacement remote, you will find the perfect one at the One For All website.
- Our Sky Digibox Remote Control, in black and white, is ready to use with all standard Sky digiboxes.
- Are you using a Sky+ box? Than our Sky+ Remote Control is perfect for you! This remote is also ready to use and completely compatible with your Sky+ box.
Do you only watch television with High Definition quality? And do you currently own a Sky+ HD box? Then you definitely need a Sky remote that is suited for this HD box. We offer a few remotes that are perfect. Take a look at our Sky+ HD Remote Control, our Sky+ HD Union Jack Remote Control and our Sky+ HD 1TB/2TB Remote Control,
Can you control Sky box without remote?
Low vision website guidance Have low vision and want to know how you can improve the way you read and navigate websites? Go to our low vision features guide on our dedicated Sky Accessibility website. Finding what to watch on telly when you’re visually impaired can be difficult, but you can use the Sky+ mobile app to make navigating your Sky box quick and easy.
How do I get my Sky remote back to a previous channel?
Bring up your last viewed channel – Swipe right on your Sky remote while watching TV to bring up your last viewed channel and press select to return to it. Only a channel you’ve watched for over 15 seconds will appear. Please note: Adult channels won’t appear.
How do I pair my Sky Q mini box?
3. Reconnect Q Mini boxes – You also need to reconnect your Sky Q Mini boxes. Go to Settings, Setup, Network and select Reset followed by Confirm. When the box restarts press Select and then go to the closest connected Sky Q device (the main box or Booster) and press and hold its WPS button (far right) until it flashes amber.
Go back to your Sky Q Mini and it will connect to the network and then your main Sky Q box. The video should appear back on screen and everything should work properly. Please give the box a few minutes to settle down: the 2.4GHz network is often used to start with, which may cause some issues, but the 5GHz network soon cuts in.
Repeat for all Sky Q Mini boxes. If you don’t have Sky broadband, you should see on your Mini boxes that if you go to Settings, Setup, Networks, Advanced settings that your box is connected to a wireless network, with a name, such as SKY0B59: this is the special network that the Sky system has created and is completely normal.
To complete the recovery procedure on your Sky Q Mini box: –
Switch the Sky Q Mini box off at the mains. Hold down the Reset button on the back of the Sky Q Mini box and switch it back on at the mains. Keep holding it until the light on the front flashes red and green. This will take about 30 seconds. Once it flashes red and green, press the standby button on the front of the box.
If the lights don’t show after 30 seconds, repeat steps 1 to 2. If it still doesn’t work, you might need to replace your Sky Q box,
The box will then restart. After the on-screen messages have disappeared, press Home on your Sky Q remote to switch your box back on.
Most features will work straight away, but some can take up to 5 minutes.
Why won t my Sky Q Mini connect?
If the mini still does not connect try a Network Reset on the mini. Network Reset found in mini Home – Settings – Setup – Network. Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to WPS with main Q box.
Why is my Sky remote not working and flashing red?
Firstly Check The Batteries In The Sky Remote Are Working – When you press any button on the remote control you should see a small red light appear on the remote when the button is depressed. If you don’t see a red light the batteries may be out of power or they may have become dislodged.
Why is the red light on my Sky Q remote staying on?
If you’re seeing the red recording light continuously illuminated, first check that your Sky Q box isn’t recording or downloading any shows.
Press Sky to access your recordings, then select scheduled to see if your Sky Q box is recording any shows from Live TV. Then select manage, press select, then downloading, to see if your Sky Q is downloading any shows.
If your Sky Q box isn’t doing any of these, restart your Sky Q box.