- 0.1 How old was Kate Hudson in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?
- 0.2 Is there a sequel to How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?
- 0.3 Why is how do you lose a guy in 10 days so good?
- 0.4 Why do songs get stuck in your head for days?
- 0.5 Does Kate Hudson fast?
- 0.6 How long were Chris Robinson and Kate Hudson together?
- 1 How old was Andie in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?
- 2 Did Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey date?
- 3 Do Ben and Andie end up together?
- 4 Why do we stop liking a song?
How old was Kate Hudson in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?
At the time, Hudson was 23 and McConaughey was 33.
Is there a sequel to How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?
Kate Hudson speaks out on fan hopes for How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days sequel has shared her thoughts on whether there will eventually be a follow-up film to How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, The 2003 romcom stars Hudson and as lovebirds who enter a relationship under false pretences.
- Andie (Hudson) is a journalist writing an article on making a romantic interest disappear, while advertising executive Ben (McConaughey) dates her in order to help land a diamond campaign at work.
- However, sparks fly despite their professional agendas.
- The Donald Petrie-directed film eventually made more than $105m (£85.8m) at the US box office and has since become a favourite of the romantic comedy genre.
To celebrate 20 years since its cinematic release, Hudson and some other cast and crew members gathered for a feature to look back at its impact. Despite fans being keen for them to pick up the story again, there are no plans for a second film, according to Hudson.
“People always ask us but there’s nothing in the works,” she explained. “I love working with Matthew, so I’m sure at some point we’ll work together again. “My hope is that are happy, they’ve got a bunch of kids, they got married, and they’re still playing Bull**** with his parents. If there was a sequel, I’m sure there would be some conflict in there somewhere.” Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson If a second film was ever on the cards, director Petrie believes that the return of its two lead stars would be crucial to its success.
“I don’t know how you would do it, frankly,” he explained. “I don’t think it would be the same without Kate and Matthew in it. I know that the ladies who wrote the original book have written these stick-figure how-to books. “But it’s beyond me. It would have to be a writer coming in with an amazing pitch of how they’re going to sequel-ize this.” : Kate Hudson speaks out on fan hopes for How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days sequel
Why is how do you lose a guy in 10 days so good?
Why ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’ Works – Andie and Ben’s contradictory intentions lead to a series of hijinks during which Andie becomes a caricature of a woman desperate for a boyfriend while Ben attempts to woo her. Andie is clingy, obsessive, and overly emotional, while Ben is suave, romantic, and amenable.
Andie tries her best to drive Ben crazy and break up with her, but he refuses to back down and continues to put up with her increasingly unhinged behavior. But things become complicated when Andie and Ben start to develop real feelings for each other. They bond over their shared love for the New York Knicks, and in the moments where they drop the act and actually get to know each other, discover how compatible they are.
When Ben takes Andie to meet his family, who receive her with open arms, she realizes she may be in over her head, and Ben wonders if it may be possible for him to walk away with Andie and the diamond campaign once the ten days are up. Andie and Ben’s objectives may be unethical, but How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is grounded in a sense of lightheartedness that make their questionable actions easy to look past, due in no small part to the chemistry between actors Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey.
- There is a certain aspirational quality to the film as a whole – two young, wealthy New Yorkers who look like Abercrombie and Fitch models taking each other on expensive dates, culminating in a lavish ball thrown by a diamond company.
- This makes the final reveal a bit more palatable.
- Andie and Ben have both been using each other for their own personal gain, making the deception seem less sinister than other romantic comedies with similar premises like 10 Things I Hate About You or She’s All Tha t, where only the woman is on the receiving end of the betrayal.
The now iconic scene where Andie sabotages Ben’s speech and forces an impromptu duet performance of Carly Simon’s “You’re So Vain” encapsulates all the good and the bad in their tumultuous relationship. Now that all the cards are on the table, they publicly embarrass themselves in an attempt to get back at the other.
Why do songs get stuck in your head for days?
Why Earworms Get Stuck In Our Heads – Earworms can occur due to the brain’s attempt to fill a gap in the auditory cortex, which is located in the temporal lobe. When you hear a song over and over, the brain transmits that sound information to the “phonological loop,” a short-term memory system in the auditory cortex.
- Earworms can be caused or triggered by the most recent song you listened to, a song or tune listened to repeatedly, a song listened to during a period of stress, or a song that connects to past events or memories.
- A study by music psychologist Kelly Jakubowski found that earworms are usually tunes that have a fairly generic and easy-to-remember melody.
They’re usually fairly easy to sing and also tend to have some additional unique characteristics that set them apart from other songs. Oftentimes an earworm will be a portion of a song that repeats over and over, such as a chorus when it is the only part of a song the listener remembers.
Does Kate Hudson fast?
Breakfast – Pictured recipe: Chocolate-Peanut Butter Protein Shake Hudson’s top priority in the mornings is coffee. No matter what diet plan she has been on over the years, coffee has remained a constant. And like any good celeb, she loves to drink lemon water first thing in the morning.
After her beloved coffee, she goes for a green juice, followed by a workout. Hudson usually opts for a post-workout protein shake to boost her calorie intake and help her recover from Pilates, barre, running or whatever physical activity she chose that day. When possible, we prefer to get our protein from whole foods over powders.
We have tons of wholesome protein smoothie recipes, like our Chocolate-Peanut Butter Protein Shake with 26 grams of the stuff. Hudson also practices intermittent fasting —going about 14-16 hours between meals—and prefers to eat those five small meals within her eating window, so a big breakfast isn’t a must-have for her.
- That probably means she’s not eating between, say, 7 p.m.
- And 9 to 11 a.m.
- The next day.
- While it’s not the craziest intermittent fasting schedule I’ve heard of, most of the research on intermittent fasting is still too new to tell if any version is actually legitimate,” says Victoria Seaver, M.S., R.D., senior digital editor at EatingWell.
“But, regardless, restricting food when your body is telling you it’s actually hungry is not sustainable and can lead to an unhealthy cycle of restrict-binge-restrict and so on.” We suggest that she drop the intermittent fasting and just follow her body’s natural cues.
How long were Chris Robinson and Kate Hudson together?
Kate was married to Chris Robinson for seven years ‘I knew that we’d all be happier,’ the Glass Onion actress said, adding: ‘It’s a choice; you either stay in them, wondering what your life would have been like if you would have left them or choose to leave.’
How old was Andie in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?
It’s hard to forget the searing “Cool Girl” screed from Gillian Flynn ‘s novel Gone Girl and the 2015 movie adaptation of the same name. To refresh, it goes something like this: ” Being the Cool Girl means I am a hot, brilliant, funny woman who adores football, poker, dirty jokes, and burping, who plays video games, drinks cheap beer, loves threesomes and anal sex, and jams hot dogs and hamburgers into her mouth like she’s hosting the world’s biggest culinary gang bang while somehow maintaining a size 2, because Cool Girls are above all hot.
Hot and understanding. Cool Girls never get angry; they only smile in a chagrined, loving manner and let their men do whatever they want. Go ahead, shit on me, I don’t mind, I’m the Cool Girl. ” The wild thing is: Barring a few, this list of adjectives reads like the character description of one Andie Anderson, protagonist of 2003’s How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, which turns 20 years old this week.
Can you believe a) that Andie perfected the cool girl schtick while Flynn hadn’t even yet published a novel about it, and b) we are so old? Played by Kate Hudson, Andie is a 23-year-old women’s magazine writer who yearns to write ~serious journalism~ (I guess Teen Vogue wasn’t doing politics back in 2003).
When the movie begins, her job is to write “how to” columns, and this month’s assignment is the titular “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.” The guy? Matthew McConaughey’s Benjamin Barry, an ad exec trying to land a diamond account in an interoffice bet (cue: “Am I a bet, am I a fucking bet?” ) that involves him making a woman fall in love with him by the time the company party for the account holders rolls around, which is also in 10 days.
The woman? Andie Anderson. So while Ben’s trying to woo Andie by making her a home-cooked meal and *checks notes* that’s kinda it, Andie is doing her darndest to turn him off by buying into all the tropes women’s magazines like hers peddle as such, like being needy, clingy, crashing boys’ night,and decorating his apartment with doilies and “love ferns” on the second date.
In actuality, Andie is the Cool Girl that Flynn attempts to debunk as a real person in Gone Girl, She takes Ben to a Knicks game (where she makes him miss the final play—did I use the right sports terminology?—by forcing him to buy her refreshments from the concessions stand), wolfs down a burger for lunch instead of her colleagues’ dainty salads, and plays expletive-titled card games with Ben’s family, who live on Staten Island but are somehow Southern.
( Watch this clip, What are those accents?) Under the blonde magazine writer visage (if you’ll remember, Gone Girl ‘s Amy Dunne was also a blonde magazine writer; as an aside, I always thought Hudson would be good in that role) Andie’s just a cool girl who’s unbothered by riding motorbikes, getting splashed by muddy puddles, and ruining her blow out.
Is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days worth watching?
A film not worthy of all these bad reviews.read on and I’ll explain. So its fluffy and predictable. It’s unrealistic and sickly sweet. Who cares.this film pretends to be nothing more than what it is intended to be. Light romantic comedy. Since stars like Cary Grant, Kathrine Hepburn and Irene Dunne, lit up our cinema screens in the 1930’s with films like The Awful Truth, Bringing up Baby and My Favorite Wife, Hollywood and of course the movie going public have reserved a special place in their hearts for RomComs, screwballs and battle of the sexes comedies.
- Identical plots, Identical jokes but none the less jokes and plots that will never go out of style and will always be relevant in any age or location, whether it be New York of the 30’s or New York in the present day.
- Hollywood has always worked on the basis that they stick to what has been tried and tested and has proved to work, that is why with a small plot change and a rehash of old jokes and situations they are able to reinvent their movies for a new generation of film buffs.
It was through this formula that Doris Day and friends were able to continue RomCom history throughout the 60’s and every one of them box office winners. A recent example of this would be Down With Love starring Ewan McGregor and Rene Zelwegger. Who could not see plot comparisons to Pillow Talk or Lover Come Back? Yet it did not make this film any less enjoyable.
Our entertainment lies in seeing our actors of the day fill the roles of the great actors of yesterday and how the scripts and jokes are adapted and told within a backdrop of 21st century life etc. Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson made this film with impeccable comic timing and enjoyable performances.
Of course with Goldie Hawn for a mother, Hudson comes straight from comic stock so I would have been disappointed if she failed to meet the challenge but she didn’t. Some of her facial expressions and mannerisms almost had me convinced I was watching an old episode of “Laugh In” McConaughey also held his own and proved himself to be a gifted comic as he did in the Wedding Planner.
This plot seemed quite original and as a battle of the sexes comedy, they seldom come as good as this. Again the formula was followed and we were under no illusion on what the final outcome would be, but their journey to this ultimate destination is what we find entertaining. This type of film has been popular for seventy plus years and their simularities are what makes them so.
Instead of slamming them.watch some of the predecessors and appreciate their origins. Be thankful they are still making these types of movies today as in an era which is threatening to be devoured by action thrillers, fantasy adventure and shoot ’em ups this seems to be the only diversity left in motion pictures.240 out of 276 found this helpful.
- Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
- Permalink 9 /10 WHY DID I WATCH THIS SO LATE?!? This movie has existed since 2003 and I watched it in 2021? Boy am I late for the party.
- It’s the perfect chick-flick! It’s romantic, heartwarming, sappy, and has a happy ending! What more does a girl want? Oh, and it’s also funny like I actually laughed at certain parts, not just a chuckle.
While Kate Hudson is a darling, I kept swooning over young Mathew McConaughey, they just fit their roles perfectly and the chemistry, you can definitely feel it. That trailer does no justice to what’s in store. Obviously, it is predictable, it’s a chick-flick, but it’s a swoop me off my feet and let me fall in love with them kind of movie! (Why don’t they make them like this anymore?) And never did I imagine anybody could pull off a yellow dress this well.
- To so many bad reviews, I’d use the movie’s dialogue – Bulls**t.
- This is the Rom-Com you deserve, it’s got great acting, slapstick comedy and 18 years later is still worth every minute.
- I don’t want to keep you long, trust me, go watch it.20 out of 20 found this helpful.
- Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Permalink 10 /10 a romantic classic This is a comedy romantic movie where everything goes wrong, and after all, still you care about the couple. Kate hudson shines and matt is realistic as a everyday guy, the movie needs a sequel when we found what happened to them(and to be another comedy) 9 out of 9 found this helpful.
Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 10 /10 Great movie I rewatch this movie once in a while, I absolutely love it, it is a light comedy chick flick, I love the actors and their chemistry, I absolutely love Kate’s yellow dress, probably guys rate it low and hate it, it didn’t win an Oscar, not a movie with a lot of substance, but it’s a very enjoyable funny movie to watch to lift your spirits.14 out of 14 found this helpful.
Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 8 /10 Kate and Matthew’s line exchanges, tiki-taka, and chemistry were great! Warning: Spoilers Theme may be a little cliche. Two characters date to win the bet but find themselves truly falling for each other at the end.
- However, Kate and Matthew’s lines and chemistry make this move so special.
- Rom-com sometimes is too cheesy and corny, but how the writer writes the line and how actors exchange them with so little effort make it natural and fun.
- I couldn’t stop smiling looking at this couple and brilliant screenwriting.
My favorite tiki-taka of lines in the movie when Andie and Ben meet at the bar for the first time: A : Andie Anderson. B : l’m Benjamin Barry. A : Cute. B : Thank you. A : l meant your name. B: Thank you two times. A : Unattached? B : Currently. A : Likewise B : Surprising.
- A : Psycho? B : Rarely. A : Hmm.
- B : lnterested? A : Perhaps.
- B : Hungry? A : Starving.8 out of 8 found this helpful.
- Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
- Permalink 7 /10 A VERY Funny Film Benjamin Barry is an advertising executive and ladies’ man who, to win a big campaign, bets that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days.
Andie Anderson covers the “How To” beat for “Composure” magazine and is assigned to write an article on “How to Lose a Guy in 10 days.” They are sure to meet each other in a bar and both tries to get what they want without knowing what they are really doing.
This is one of the funnier romantic comedies, if you’d like some laughs. There are many laugh-out-loud moments here and there. The humor was witty and slapstick, which I love in comedies. The chemistry between Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey is great. this film is like the battle of the sexes. Don’t watch this film if you want lies between romance but if you would like to have a really good time, then this is the film.46 out of 59 found this helpful.
Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 9 /10 Hudson’s film Kate Hudson (one of a handful of women on the planet that can pull off a yellow dress ) shines in this adapted Taming of the Shrew with her brilliant comedic timing. There are some real belly laughs in the first half of the film when she goes over the top to make herself dumpworthy.
Matthew McConaughey is also very good and comedy is definitely one of his strengths. Bebe is terrific.32 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 7 /10 Funny and Charming Andie(Kate Hudson) is a beautiful young woman that works for a women’s magazine called Composure and for her next article, Andie has to write about how to lose a guy in 10 days.
Ben(Matthew McConaughey)is an advertising executive and he makes a bet with his friends that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days. Of course, these two meet each other and the scam is on. Andie will do anything to lose a guy and Ben will do anything to win a girl, what they don’t expect is that the two of them will fall in love with each other.
I thought this was a funny and charming romantic comedy. The lovely Kate Hudson gives a great performance, she was absolutely hilarious! I would give How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days 7/10.53 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 8 /10 Gain and lose I might get weak when it comes to romantic comedies lately,
but then again, I do like to believe this is a good one! Like some other really good romantic comedies this tells a neat little story. It may be filled with cliches and it may be predictable (I mean, if you don’t know where this will end up – not just by looking at the poster, then I don’t know what to tell you),
- But it is quite fun! And one of the aspects that is helping a lot – the actors! Really well cast, not just our two main characters but those around them.
- And the movie does not take itself too seriously, making fun of both genders and their “tropes”.
- Also some inside jokes that you may get (Goldie Hawn is the mother of Kate Hudson – so the joke in the cinema is actually quite hillarious – but it doesn’t matter if you get it or not – it’s still a great little comedy you are about to watch),
So if you don’t hate romantic comedies, you will enjoy this a lot! Hopefully you don’t see yourself in one of the characters in their worst moment(s) 5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 8 /10 Superb Acting.
I totally agree with other user’s reviews. This is a generic romantic comedy, which follows the formula to a T. The directing is nothing noteworthy (including the now-standard body-shots of Matthew to titilate the younger female audience – a very powerful buying crowd). Plot is again standard romantic comedy fare.
I also agree that what sets this movie apart is not the plot.it is the actor’s interaction with each other. Having seen this gem, I would not hesitate to go to another movie with these two. They alternatively leave you grimacing in discomfort at the obvious ridiculity of the situation, to laughing so hard your sides hurt.
Both actors are excellent with body gestures and ‘non-verbal language’ to show their feelings. You become totally absorbed with the two characters.I can’t recall any of the other actors in the movie, thinking back on it. Too bad they don’t give Oscars for anything other than ‘serious’ acting. Kate and Matthew, take a bow.
This was a great performance, and lightened my day.33 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 9 /10 Classy It’s been some years since I’ve watched this but it is refreshing. It’s refreshing to watch a romantic comedy that is done with style.
Sadly Hollywood has forgotten how to do a movie like this without the stars getting naked, without the cast being the most beautiful people in Hollywood. We in the real world are all unique and it’s missed that movies rarely these days reflect the real world! 15 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Permalink 7 /10 Damn Near Perfect Matthew M. is best in romantic comedies. It’s his best type of movie. He’s not the most handsome guy, and a little on the random side. But for some reason he shines in these movies. Who knows? This is some good stuff right here.
Perhaps one of the best rom coms ever. The movie is about a man meeting a woman. The man is supposed to make a girl fall in love with him, while the woman is supposed to make the man fall out of love with her. She’s a journalist doing it for a story, and he’s doing it for work as well. They fall in love at the end.
It’s a powerful vehicle. Both Hudson and M shine pretty bright. It has its dull moments, but comes together beautifully in the end. It’s fun to see the relationship drama, and both trying to trick the other. Family gets involved too, mixed with career, it’s a hit.
- Watch it! 7 stars 13 out of 16 found this helpful.
- Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
- Permalink 7 /10 Great romantic comedy, the best I’ve seen in a while! There are no words to describe this movie.
- I found it hillarious and heartwarming.
- The two principle actors were great as their roles as Ben and Andie.
Kate Hudson was great at driving Ben nuts. I laughed for days. I loved the soundtrack too. It had classics and modern day classics. I feel this movie will go down as a classic with such films as Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing.45 out of 60 found this helpful.
Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 6 /10 Reasonable romantic comedy ‘How to.’ columnist for composure magazine, Andie Anderson (Kate Hudson) agrees to write a first-hand account about what it takes to drive a man out of your life in just 10 days. Eligible bachelor Benjamin Barry (Matthew McConaughey) accepts a high-stakes bet that he can lure any woman into falling in love with him.also in 10 days.
With the couple consistently tying to deceive one another, this turns out to be a pretty funny ride, and the chemistry between Hudson and McConaughey is excellent, which does help to hide the lack of depth in the story. I’ve seen better, but it’s entertaining enough 6/10 30 out of 43 found this helpful.
- Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
- Permalink 8 /10 It’s a classic! This is one of those movies that always takes me back! Silly and fun.6 out of 6 found this helpful.
- Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
- Permalink 8 /10 One Of My Favourite Romantic Comedies Matthew McConaughey is at his charismatic best opposite Kate Hudson in “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days” Plot In A Paragraph: BenBarry (Matthew McConaughey) is an advertising executive who bets that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days.
Andie (Kate Hudson) works for “Composure” magazine and is assigned to write an article on “How to Lose a Guy in 10 days.” They meet in a bar and the game is on. I loved this movie, making it one of my favourite romantic comedies of all time. Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson make an attractive an engaging couple.
Hudson proves herself to be as fun as her mother (actress Goldie Hawn) And the plot is a fun one. All the supporting cast are solid, and there are some genuine funny moments.9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink Better than I expected The fact is, I had not intended to see this movie – ever.
I had not heard good things. But my wife saw it, and liked it. One evening she caught me in a mellow mood and I watched it with her. To say it is contrived is an understatement. To say it is generally predictable is to state the obvious. It is a piece of fluff romantic comedy familiar to viewers of old movies.
But there are a lot of people who LIKE fluff, and frankly, I think we will probably watch it again some day. The writing was occasionally witty, often funny, and sometime knee-slappingly hilarious, without degenerating into the completely silly. The chemistry between Kate and Matthew was great, and their performances were what made this movie rise above the mediocre.
Don’t waste your time with this movie if you insist on depth or insight into universal truths – it ain’t happenin’. But if you want a good time with a charming flick, you could do worse.108 out of 130 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
- Permalink 7 /10 Get frosted! Warning: Spoilers This movie is silly but funny.
- We can see the lovely Kate Hudson and the charming Matthew McConaughey (from EdTV) in this comedy as a couple who have everything to be wrong.
- Of course the end is very predictable, but this don’t take the movie’s fun.
- The ‘princess Sophia’ nickname is still one of the best nicknames I already heard for a guy’s part.
(laugh) obs1:Kate Hudson wears a beautiful yellow dress in this movie. With ‘Isadora Duncan’the diamond neck less, she is even more beautiful. obs2: Michelle’s character (Kathryn Hahn) has a beautiful hair color. (red) 20 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Permalink 8 /10 Just great fun, it still is. This movie is just as good and funny as I remembered from when it was released. Perhaps the best, or one of the best in romantic comedy.4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 9 /10 Cute and Funny Warning: Spoilers *May Contain Spoilers* I found “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” to be entertaining, funny, and cute.
I saw it in the theater with my sister and friends and we all liked it. I found the plot to be original and the acting was good. The characters were also realistic. “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” is a twisted tale about Andie Anderson, who writes “How To” articles and Benjamin Berry, and advertiser.
Andie Anderson is writing an article entitled “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” and Benjamin Berry made a bet with his workers/friends that he can keep a relationship with a girl for more than ten days. Andie and Benjamin meet and fall in love and then the action happens. I suggest that everyone should see this movie because it really is funny.
I give this movie 9/10 stars.22 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 9 /10 One of best Romantic comedy films of all time ! how to lose a guy is an original story, which is well-acted, very smart and very very funny.
- I found myself laughing out loud many many times.
- I think its one of the best romantic comedies of all time.
- I would encourage buying the movie: great for parties or anytime you want to good laugh.
- I quite enjoyed this movie actually.
- I didn’t intend to see it but i’m not sorry i did.
- I like romantic comedies but the past couple of years they’ve been pretty disappointing & plain stupid + i’m not big on Matthew McConaughey.
The main reason why i liked the movie is definitely Kate Hudson! She’s so adorable & hilariously funny in the movie. Definitely the star. Matthew did a good job i guess, but i still don’t particularly like him a lot. The story is original, the jokes are really funny & there’s real chemistry between the main characters! Unfortunately it’s just a chick-flick that will be forgotten pretty soon.
But at least it’s a romantic comedy with a real heart! Entertainment Score: 9.9/10 Overall: 9.85/10 34 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 10 /10 Such a great movie with a wonderful cast This movie was absolutely adorable and funny!!! The casting was done perfectly.
I couldn’t picture anyone else playing the roles the actors/actresses portrayed. A DEFINITE MUST SEE!!! 3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 10 /10 it set a new standard for romantic comedies! When this movie came out, it absolutely set a new standard for romantic comedies! I’ve seen it probably a hundred times and I still laugh out loud every time.
Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson were perfect and their chemistry is one of the best I’ve seen. Although it is romantic and funny, it’s not just a chick flick and can be enjoyed by all! I’ve been quoting lines from this movie for 15 years – it’s so easy and never gets old! Also, I love the soundtrack, especially Keith Urban’s ‘Somebody Like You’ and thought the music was all perfectly placed in the appropriate scenes.
I really don’t think I could ever get sick of this movie! 3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink 10 /10 hey i actually liked this movie! OK, to be honest i didn’t expect much out of this movie,being a romantic comedy and all,but in the end i actually liked it, yes it’s a chick flick,and yes some things in it wouldn’t really happen in reality,and the movie being so sweet and funny,the ending could have been a little better,but hey,these kind of movies always have something that we would like to be different,all in all i actually liked it,and enjoy watching it over and over again.
- Ate Hudson was really sparkling in this light spirited comedy, and i for one would like to see her more in funny comedies like this.
- Denny 93 out of 131 found this helpful.
- Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
- Permalink 10 /10 a very good chick flick,worth to watch I really love the story and the chemistry between kate and matthew, this movie is so funny,smart and sweet in the end.
of course! we need to see a good ending after said and done;) 4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. Permalink
Did Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey date?
Lovers on screen, Hudson and McConaughey are both in relationships with other people in real life. Hudson is engaged to Danny Fujikawa, and McConaughey has been married to Camila Alves since 2012.
Do Ben and Andie end up together?
Plot – Andie Anderson is a writer for a women’s magazine called Composure as the “How to.” girl. She is bored and wishes she could write more about important things such as politics, economics, religion, poverty; stuff she actually cares about. After Andie’s best friend Michelle experiences yet another break-up, Andie is inspired to write a new article titled “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”; she will start dating a guy and eventually drive him away using only the “classic mistakes women make” in relationships.
- At the same time, advertising executive Benjamin “Ben” Barry is striving for a pitch to advertise a new diamond campaign.
- When his boss questions Ben’s knowledge about romance, Ben bets he could make any woman fall in love with him if he wanted to.
- His boss accepts the bet and confirms that if he can make any woman fall in love with him before the upcoming company ball, in just 10 days, he will allow Ben to head the advertising for the new diamond company.
Ben’s rival co-workers, Judy Spears and Judy Green, who were at Composure magazine earlier in the day and are aware of Andie’s new assignment, set Ben up to have him pick Andie as the girl to test his theory on. Ben and Andie meet and soon their quests, neither revealing their true intentions.
Andie works hard to drive Ben insane and make him break up with her in order to complete her article, but Ben continues to stick around in hopes of making her fall in love with him. Andie gets Ben knocked out in a movie theater by talking aloud while watching a chick flick, rapidly moves her things into his apartment, acts overly possessive and sensitive and clingy, ruins his boys’ poker night for him and his friends, and takes him to a Celine Dion concert when he was under the assumption he was going to see a New York Knicks basketball game.
Ben stays with her despite everything, and after coming very close to breaking up they attend couples counseling, led by Andie’s friend Michelle. They agree, as a solution to their “problems”, to visit Ben’s family in Staten Island for the weekend. While holidaying together, Ben and Andie begin to form a genuine bond, and upon arriving home Ben even refers to Andie as his girlfriend.
- Andie then tries to explain to boss Lana that she cannot continue writing and publishing this article as she has “really got to know this guy”, but Lana remains insistent upon it.
- Around the same time, Andie and Ben go to the company ball together where Ben’s boss, Phillip, meets Andie and tells Ben that he “met her, she loves you, you win”.
Seeing Ben’s good news, Judy and Judy are instantly envious and set about to ruin it for their co-worker. They tell his close colleagues, Tony and Thayer, that Andie knew about the bet all along and was playing along to help Ben win. Tony and Thayer then rush to Andie’s side and beg her to keep quiet, when they do not realize she is still blissfully unaware of the bet.
Almost simultaneously, Lana, who is unaware of Ben’s role in Andie’s “How To” article, reveals Andie’s true intentions to Ben. Upon learning of Ben’s bet, Andie attempts to humiliate Ben in front of everyone at the party, and the pair argue on stage. They go their separate ways before Ben is shown Andie’s article and encouraged to read it.
She explains in it how she “lost the one person she ever fell for”, and when he hears she quit her job at Composure and is on her way to Washington, D.C. for an interview, he chases her taxi and stops her. Once he accuses her of running away, they reveal their true feelings for each other and the film ends with Ben instructing the taxi driver to return Andie’s belongings to her home, and then they kiss.
What is the quote in How do you lose a guy in 10 days?
Ben : So that’s what I was, huh? I was a guinea pig. Somebody you can test your theories on? Andie : Yeah, and I was just a girl somebody picked out in a bar. Ben : Yeah, you know what? Big deal. Hell, now you can even use it as a little twist in your story.
Andie : That’s a good idea. Maybe we should bet on it. Ben : You know what, you did your job now, Andie. Andie : Yes, I did. Ben : You wanted to lose a guy in ten days, congratulations, you did it. You just lost him. Andie : No I didn’t Ben, ’cause you can’t lose something you never had! Andie : Does Princess Sophia want to come out and play? Ben : Who’s Princess Sophia? Ben : Nah-nah-nah, nah! Whoa, whoa, you’re kidding me, right? Princess Sophia? Andie : Little, big, little, big? I don’t know.
We will find out! Ben : Alright listen, you can’t name my. my member Princess Sophia. Andie : Yes, I can! Ben : Listen, if you are gonna name m. my member, alright, you gotta name it something hyper masculine, okay? Something like a Spike, a Butch, a Krull the Warrior King! Michelle Rubin : Oh, you are never going to pull this off.
Andie : Watch me. Tonight, I’ll hook a guy. Tomorrow, pull the switch. Before the ten days are up, I’m going to have this guy running for his life. Jeannie Ashcroft : You’re not going to burn his apartment down or bite him, or anything? Andie : No! I’m going to limit myself to doing everything girls do wrong in relationships.
Basically, everything we know guys hate. I’ll be clingy, needy. Jeannie Ashcroft : Be touchy-feely. Andie : Yeah. Jeannie Ashcroft : Ooh, call him in the middle of the night and tell him everything you had to eat that day. Michelle Rubin : What’s wrong with that? Michelle Rubin : I’m kidding.
Andie : Why do they always forget my bacon? Jeannie Ashcroft : I can’t believe you got that guy knocked out. Andie : Only for a few seconds. Lana Jong : Andie, I am loving your notes on this piece. Andie : Thank you, Lana. Lana Jong : When are you seeing him again? Andie : Tonight. He’s inviting me over to his house for dinner.
Lana Jong : Excellent! I’ve got a feeling about this one. Michelle Rubin : I hate it when she pops her head in like that. Andie : I never noticed it. Lana Jong : A-hem. I heard that. And Andie, tonight take smaller bites. Andie : Thank you, Lana. Michelle Rubin : Oh, my God! Jeannie Ashcroft : Disgusting! I can barely eat over here.
Are earworms caused by anxiety?
Some people refer to ‘earworms’ as stuck melodies, ‘stuck thoughts,’ of ‘obsessive thoughts.’ ‘Ear worms’ are common symptoms of anxiety and symptoms of chronic stress. Reducing anxious behavior and stress can cause the cessation of ‘ear worms.’ However, some researchers suggest chewing gum.
What is the diagnosis of earworms?
Obsessive-compulsive disorder – Patients with OCD (lifetime prevalence >1%) typically suffer from obsessions and compulsions. Earworms are considered intrusions: unwelcome involuntary thoughts, they are a subtype of obsessions. People experiencing earworms as terribly annoying and stressful are more likely to express typical OCD symptoms (such as mysophobia — a fear of germs, dirt, and contamination).1
What song cures earworms?
How do you get rid of earworms? – If you’ve had enough of your earworm and need to stop it in its tracks, you would be well warned not to try to block the song out, but rather to passively accept it. A determined effort to block the song out may result in the very opposite of what you want.
Called ” ironic process ” and studied extensively by psychologist Daniel Wegner, resisting the song may make your brain keep playing it over and over again, Some people try to distract themselves from the song, and it works. In one study, the most helpful “cure” tunes were “God Save The Queen” by Thomas Arne and “Karma Chameleon” by Culture Club.
Others seek out the tune in question, because it is commonly believed that earworms occur when you remember only part of a song; hearing the entire song may extinguish it. Other techniques found to be helpful include those from cognitive behavioral therapy, such as replacing dysfunctional thoughts like “These earworms indicate I am crazy” with “It is normal to have earworms.” A less intuitive cure for earworms is chewing gum,
How long do earworms last?
Research indicates that nine out of ten people have experienced earworms that have lasted for an hour or longer. A few unfortunate folks even report having a song stuck in their heads for a year or more. (You can spot them because they run around yelling, ‘AAAHHH! Get this song out of my head!’)
Why do you stop liking songs?
Shifting priorities – Researchers have different, but generally complementary, theories to account for these population-level trends. Some interpret the observed decline in music engagement in terms of psychosocial maturation, Adolescents use music as an identity marker and engage with it to navigate social circles.
- Adults have developed personalities and established social groups.
- As such, drivers to engage with new music are lessened.
- These same researchers point to age-related changes to hearing acuity – specifically a lowering tolerance for loud and high-frequency sound – as one cause for a reduced interest in new music for some people.
One explanation for the age-based reduction in music consumption simply posits that responsibility-laden adults may have less discretionary time to explore their musical interests than younger people. Some scholars question whether there is a straightforward link between the decline in the rate of new music consumption and increasing music intolerance.
- Others argue against using chronological age as a predictor for stagnant musical taste without first considering the different ways we process and use music across our lifespan.
- Teenagers tend to be very aware of what they are listening to.
- Adults who use music as motivation or accompaniment for activities such as exercise or menial tasks may be less conscious of the extent to which they actually do listen to new music.
There is consensus that people are highly likely to have their taste shaped by the music they first encounter in adolescence. These same researchers point to age-related changes to hearing acuity – specifically a lowering tolerance for loud and high-frequency sound – as one cause for a reduced interest in new music for some people. Image is in the public domain Adolescence shapes musical taste firstly because our brains are developed to the point where we can fully process what we’re hearing, and secondly because the heightened emotions of puberty create strong and lasting bonds of memory.
Why do we stop liking a song?
The science behind why songs lose their magic One minute a song is catchy as hell and all you can listen to for days on end, then suddenly it stops sounding quite so good. You can’t put your finger on it, but it feels like it’s just not interacting with your brain in the same way. Eventually, it joins the list of songs you’ve killed by listening to them too many times.
- So, what exactly happens inside our brains that makes a song lose its magic? It turns out no one knows for certain, but there are a few theories about the cause of this phenomenon.
- Neuroscientists believe that our brains go through two stages when we listen to a piece of that gives us the chills.
- The caudate nucleus in the brain anticipates the build-up of our favourite part of a song as we listen, while the nucleus accumbens is triggered by the peak causing the release of endorphins.
It is believed that the more we get to know a piece of music, the less fired-up our brains will be in anticipating this peak. This is partly down to the music itself, explains Dr Michael Bonshor of the University of Sheffield who is an expert in the of music.
There are two main reasons why music may become boring and fall out of favour,” he tells The Independent. “The first reason is overexposure to the song. Experiments have demonstrated that appreciation decreases once the novelty of a piece of music has worn off, and that we often become bored with a song that has become over familiar.” The other key factor is how complex a song is.
The more there is going on in a song the more likely it is to fire off the right signals in our brains. Evidence shows the more complex the stimuli in a song the more likely a person will like it with time, while the opposite is the case for simple stimuli, says Dr Bonshor.
- The Demands: 1 Large table for catering dressed with white tablecloths.
- Dressing room should be 78 degrees 4 Brand New White Towels in bathroom (2 face & 2 body) Hot Food: Juicy Baked Chicken: Legs, Wings & Breast only (Please season with fresh garlic, season salt, black pepper, and Cayenne pepper HEAVILY SEASONED!!) Steamed Garlic Broccoli Lightly Seasoned Green Beans Lightly Seasoned Steamed Spinach Beyoncé can only have Pepsi products.1 Case of Aquafina water (half cold, half room temperature) 1 Hot Tea Set up (Please have NEW Coffee Pot) Sliced Lemons Wedges Rose scented candles Lighter for candles CD player Getty The Demands: 12 Small bottles still (non-carbonated) spring water (at room temperature) 1 Electric kettle for BOILING water 6 Large mugs for tea.
All mugs should be new, washed and dried.6 metal teaspoons 2 “Squeezy” bottles clear honey (not organic) 1 Bottle very best quality red wine (Italian, French or Spanish) 1 Assortment of chewing gum 1 Pack Marlboro Light plus 1 disposable cigarette lighter 1 Small selection fresh fruit, to include bananas, apples, grapes, fresh berries NO CITRUS FRUIT! 1 Small plate of assorted freshly made, individually wrapped sandwiches, to include chicken salad.
Sandwiches must NOT contain tomatoes, vinegar, chili or citrus fruit PA The Demands: 1 Tub Plain Yogurt for dipping 4 small Yoplait Yogurt 1 Bowl of assorted nuts 1 Bowl of Sunkist Salted Pistachio Nuts (No Red Coloring) 2 Packs of Extra Chewing Gum 1 Bottle of Hot Sauce (Tabasco, Caribbean Type) 1 Box of Toothpicks 1 750 ml bottle of Hennessey Liquor 1 750 ml bottle of SKY or Absolut Vodka 1 Bottle of Patron Silver Tequila 4 Six Packs of Heineken Beer Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty, David Parsons/iStock The Demands: 5 AC power outlets Adequate lighting for a “relaxed atmosphere” White drapes to cover lockers and/or brick 1 Humidifier 1 Large throw rug — plush and animal print (Cheetah, Leopard) must be CLEAN, as she will walk on it barefoot.
Pipe and Drape the room in Dark Blue or Black drapes with Icy Blue Chiffon draped nicely on top 6 Candles — Archipelago Black Forest (if you can’t get these, please let me know ASAP as we have a 2nd choice of candle for Ri).4 Small, clear, square vases with White Tulips, no foliage (2nd choice: White Casablanca Lilies no foliage, 3rd choice: White Freesia, no foliage) The Demands: Arrangement of pink fresh flowers.
White and purple hydrangeas, pink & white roses and peonies. If not available, seasonal white flowers to include white orchids–ABSOLUTELY NO CARNATIONS. A box of Huggies baby nature care wipes 6 Vitamin waters zero, assorted flavors Bowl of whole fresh organic grown fruit (apples, bananas, oranges and grapes) Plate of fresh-cut Crudités (to include cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snap peas, celery) w/ ranch dip Snyder’s of Hanover Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Jar of Salsa Baked (blue corn if possible) Tortilla Chips Freeze dried strawberries 2 bottles of Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio Throat coat, Twinnings Chamomile PG tips and Mint medley tea.
Fuze slenderize assorted flavors A jar of quality honey Plastic drinking straws AFP/Getty Images The Demands: All lamps must be halogen floor lamps with dimmer switch. Only animal free materials (cottons, denims, velour, etc.) Do not provide furniture made of any animal skin or print.
- Do not provide artificial versions of animal skin or print either.
- No leather seating is allowed in the black stretch limousine either.
- Arrange for a dry cleaner before arrival.6 Full and leafy floor plants, but no trees.
- We want plants that are just as full on the bottom as the top such as palm, bamboo, peace lilies, etc.
No tree trunks! $50.00 – One large arrangement of white Casablanca lilies with lots of foliage. $40.00 – One long stemmed arrangement of pale pink and white roses with lots of foliage. $35 One arrangement of freesia. It comes in various colors so please mix them up.
- Freesia is a favorite.20 dozen clean towels outside of the production office AP The Demands: Each room must be draped.
- Black drapes are fine.
- The entry door should open into the living room space, not the dressing room.
- Temperature should be about 75 degrees.1 Three Seat Couch — Plain Color, no busy patterns; black, dark grey, cream, dark pink are fine 12 1 Liters of Fiji Water 3 Bottles Chardonnay — Chilled 12 Coke 12 Diet Coke 12 Vanilla Protein Drinks 6 Sparkling Water (Pellegrino) 12 Melon Flavor Gatorade 6 Red Wine Glasses 6 White Wine Glasses 4 Joe Malone Vanilla Candles 2 Vases White Roses Fried Chicken (warm) 12 Small Bottles water (room temperature) 3 Whole lemons and honey Sugarless gum Getty The Demands: 25 pound dumbbells 24-Diet Coke 16oz plastic bottles 12 Diet Coke 12oz cans 6 Verner ginger ale soda (or Schweppes) 48 Daisani, Poland Spring 12oz bottles “NO Evian” 1 Loaf white bread 1 Loaf wheat bread 6 Lunchables snacks (3 turkeys & 3 ham with cheese) 6 Cans Red Bull 16 Cans Sugar-Free Red Bull Large fresh jumbo shrimps with cocktail sauce and plenty of lemons 1 Jar of banana pepper rings Getty Images The Demands: 6 Bottles of Louis Roederer Cristal Champagne 3 Bottles of French Vintage red wine (e.g.
St Emilion, Medoc, Bordeaux) 3 Bottles of French Vintage white wine (e.g. Sancerre, Pouilly Fuisse) 2 Dozen Findeclare or Colchester Oysters on ice (unopened)—(Grace does her own shucking.) 2 Sashimi and Sushi platters for 8 people 6 Fresh lemons 1 Bottle of Tabasco sauce 1 Fresh fruit platter for 8 people 6 Bottles of Coca Cola 12 Bottles of still and sparkling water 12 Bottles of fresh fruit juices Wine glasses, champagne flutes, tumblers (all glass, no plastic) Cutlery and sharp knife 1 Oyster knife 1 Make up mirror (no neon strip lighting, only opaque white bulbs) Fresh towels, clothes hangers, clothes rail 3-4 Bunches of flowers—prefer lilys and orchids Sofa and arm chairs Andy Sturmey The Demands: Four dozen natural-scented incense sticks Dr.
Bronner’s peppermint soap Pork-free food E-Z Wider rolling papers and a pack of Dutch Master President cigars Pinot Grigio Heineken Bottles of Jack Daniel’s Patron Silver tequila Nivea chapstick A bottle of Hennesey or Courvoisier Grey Goose Andis T-Outliner trimmers Extra sets of speakers champagnepapi/Instagram The Demands: 1 dozen chicken wings (buffalo, teryaki, suprise us) 1 bowl of FRESH HOME-MADE GUACAMOLE 8 champagne flutes (real glass) 8 wine glasses (real glass) 8 highball glasses (real glass) 1 hummus & pita chips iPod player with sufficient volume control NO fluorescent lighting PLEASE NOTE: This is a NO BANANA TOUR.
(Seriously) Getty The Demands: 200-person entourage 2o international phone lines Her backstage room must look exactly like her own home (that means she ships around her furniture) Special flower-scented fabric Actual flowers Personal chef who prepares only vegan foods Her own dry-cleaning service AP Alicia Keys performs at the UEFA Champions League Final Getty The Demands: 7 sets of metal silverware 1 Lighter 3 Glade Candles (French Vanilla, Rain shower, Wild Berry, Tangerine Ginger) 3 Cans of Chunk White Tuna 10 Nutri-Grain Bars (Blueberry, Cherry, Apple, Strawberry) 6 Individual Packets of Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal (Brown Sugar and Apple Cinnamon) 1 Assorted Fruit Platter with strawberries, seedless red grapes, bananas, mango, blueberries, cantaloupe and raspberries 2 Cases of beer (one imported and one domestic; brands preferred: Amstel Light, Corona, Bud, Bud Light or local beer) 3 menus for local seafood and Italian restaurants to order meals for Alicia Getty The Demands: 2 Humidifiers 10 medium prewashed bath sized towels NO DAIRY OR PORK OF ANY KIND!! 10 1.5 liter bottles of FIJI water (absolutely, positively must be FIJI) 6 cans of Diet Dr.
Pepper 6 cans of Schweeps Ginger Ale 2 packs of Mentos — cinnamon fresh only 6 cans of Red Bull energy drink 6 bottles of Black Cherry Propells in sports bottle 8 sets of silverware 24 napkins 1 tub of clean ice Getty Images The Demands: 2 Bottles of white wine with wine opener — Kendall Jackson or Robert Mondavi preferred 1 Pack of Straws 1 Cushioned office style chair TV with cable and a DVD player 1 Rolling clothing rack 4 Unscented candles Cool-mist humidifier 3 fans Tea kettle, organic ginger and lemongrass tea and honey are very important.1 4 pack of Red Bull Light (on ice) 2 Bottles of Green Tea 1 Container of Guacamole Hot dogs (Yves veggie dogs eaten with toothpicks) A smoothie station (with frozen berries, fuze and whey protein or non-fat Greek yogurt) Blender needed 1 Plate of cheese (non-smelly, non-sweaty on ice) with whole wheat/healthy crackers A mix of assorted fresh fruit (cut and must have edible skin OR edible seeds OR citrus) Getty The Demands: 1 Wig Room 1 Room for Dr.
Stacey 1 bottle of fine red wine (No Kendall Jackson) 1 bottle of fine white wine (No Kendall Jackson) 4 Cokes 4 Diet Cokes 1 coffee table 1 end table for the phone to be placed on TV with VCR with a cable Hook up. Please make sure we can get the following channels: Turner Classic Movies or AMC The Demands: If arriving before 11 a.m., the following from Starbucks: 1 Grande ICED Caramel Latte w/ 2 sweet-n-lows 1 Grande ICED Americano w/ 2 sweet-n-lows with soy milk 1 slice pumpkin loaf 1 Stick Butter 3 Boxes Kraft Macaroni/Cheese 2 Four Packs of Red Bull 1 12 Pack Corona Beer 1 12 Pack New Castle Beer 1 Bottle Welch’s Grape Juice 1 Avocado 1 Bag of Twizzlers red licorice 1 Case of Smart Water 1 Pint Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream 1 Pint Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Brownie Frozen Yogurt The Demands: A copy of USA Today that’s got a story about morbidly obese people in it 6 bottles of Grolsch or decent local beer F——— loads of good red wines 6 large bottles of good quality sparkling water 3 cases x 12 oz bottles of still mineral water 6 bottles of alcohol free beer 1 case of big bottles of good, premium beer A bottle of vodka Cauliflower/broccoli, cut into individual florets and thrown immediately into the garbage.
I f——— hate that Getty Images The Demands: Nuts Pretzels M&MS (WARNING: ABSOLUTELY NO BROWN ONES) 1 large tube of KY jelly 3 packs of Marlboro cigarettes (box) Herring in sour cream 2 gallons non-carbonated, bottled spring water 3 fifths Jack Daniels Black Label bourbon 2 fifths Stolichnaya vodka 1 pint Southern Comfort 2 bottles Blue Nun white wine Getty Images “According to this principle, more complex music will have greater longevity, as it will be more challenging and retain the listeners’ interest for longer, whilst simple music may be sometimes be more immediately accessible, but may lose its appeal relatively quickly.” Dr Boshner points to the example of Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.
“The longstanding popularity of the song may partly be explained by its layers of harmonic, rhythmic and vocal complexity. At six minutes long, it initially took many listeners by surprise and, as a progressive rock suite, had a ground-breaking approach which did not follow the prevalent musical norms of the time.
However, over 40 years later, it is still one of Queen’s most popular songs, has topped the charts several times, and regularly features on contemporary lists of the most influential songs in recent history. In contrast, countless ‘catchy’ songs, with a simpler structure and fewer layers of musical content – think of some of the Eurovision chart-toppers! – have often been quickly forgotten despite achieving short-term popularity.
This may be because although they are immediately accessible, they are more predictable and less satisfying on many levels.” The psychological concept that is often used to explore enjoyable experiences and music is called ‘flow’, says Dr Bonshor. “Listening to music can be a ‘flow’ experience, which people enjoy for its own sake.
- It is totally absorbing, to the extent that it distracts them from everyday concerns,” he says.
- However, for an individual to experience ‘flow’, the activity needs to use their skills in a way that is challenging enough to be interesting.
- If the music is not sufficiently stimulating for the listener, they will soon lose interest, the state of ‘flow’ arising from immersion in the music will be lost.
And the music will fall out of favour.” Why does a song you used to love end up losing its magic? Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged in Please refresh your browser to be logged in : The science behind why songs lose their magic