Why does my iPhone keep telling me I have a voicemail?
Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. My iphone 5 continually gives me a voicemail notification and i check and there are no voicemails. the red dot will not go away and every 10 minutes i get a new notification without a voicemail or call.
How do i correct this? Posted on Jul 4, 2013 10:32 AM 8 replies Jul 4, 2013 11:17 AM in response to Rancer22 First try a reset on the phone. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together on the phone until you see the Apple logo and then release. After the phone restarts, check it. If it continues, then contact your carrier, as voicemail is a carrier function.
Jul 4, 2013 11:23 AM in response to Rancer22 You can also try calling and leaving a real voice mail, go in and delete that. Jul 27, 2017 12:55 PM in response to IdrisSeabright This is not a helpful solution if the issue is caused by an actual message not appearing which is connected to the notification.
This is a recurring event for me. Reboot works to show the message. Unlike others posting here, I propose this reboot as a workaround not a solution. I noticed the message appears on my iWatch but not my iPhone. So it is not a phantom notification. It might be a problem with iOS or the carrier. I am using ATT.
If some of you are on other carriers it is the more likely iOS. If I find an actual solution instead of an opinion or workaround I will post again. Jul 27, 2017 1:06 PM in response to Floatingman You realize that you responded to a 4 year old thread. If you are experiencing a problem with voicemail notifications, and a restart does not fix the issue, then you need to contact your carrier.
Voicemail is a carrier function, and the voicemail is stored on their server. You say the message appears on your watch, but you cannot see it on your iPhone in VVM at all? Is that correct? It may be that your carrier needs to reset your voicemail, which generally clears any issues. It will not affect saved voicemail, but I have seen AT&T experience issues in the past, but then, I’ve seen other carriers experience issues as well.
If the carrier reset does not work, then it is possible there is corrupt data on the iPhone, and it could very well be a particular voicemail, since that is where you appear to be getting this phantom notification. Jul 27, 2017 1:23 PM in response to ChrisJ4203 You realize you also are posting to the same old thread.
Thanks for all the possible workarounds. Let us all know when you are not just parroting others and actually find a cause and a solution. Jul 27, 2017 10:09 PM in response to Floatingman Thank you for your kind words. I repeated what I said before in this thread, which showed in my feed, which is why I responded to your problem.
The solution is to contact the carrier. They control voicemail. That is not a workaround. Jul 29, 2017 5:04 PM in response to ChrisJ4203 I have had a similar problem, I have a voicemail notification on my 6s that I can’t get to go away. It has been a on going and reoccurring problem not just with my 6s but also with my 5s.
- I drive between Roseburg OR and Coos Bay OR on Hwy 42.
- When driving down the canyon my phone will loose cell service and when it reconnects it will notify me that I have a new voicemail though there isn’t one.
- The phone will have a 1 voicemail icon but no message and I can’t get it to go away.
- Once I got it to go away and sometimes it will disappears on its own but usually it’s just there and if it does go away one trip through the canyon and its back.
Last week driving down the canyon it already had a notification when it added a second notification though there are no voicemail in my box. This happens in the same geographic location so I’m sure it has to do with the signal being lost and recovered and possibly what towers I’m loosing and reconnecting with.
Can you turn off voicemail on Samsung?
Download Article Download Article This wikiHow teaches you how to turn off your Android phone’s voicemail inbox so nobody can leave you a message. Voicemail service is often controlled by mobile carriers. This means you’ll probably need to contact your carrier’s support team to disable voicemail.
- 1 Open your Android’s Phone app. It generally has an icon that resembles a phone receiver. Tap the phone icon on your Home screen to open the Phone app. Many carriers have a customer service code you can dial to contact customer service. Then you can request to have your voicemail disabled.
- 2 Open the dialer tab. If your Phone app doesn’t open to the dial pad, tap the dial pad tab to open it. It’s the icon with 10 squares in the shape of a dial pad. Advertisement
- 3 Enter your carrier’s customer support number. Using the dial pad, type your carrier’s support code. You can get this from your carrier’s website. The following list includes some of the most popular carrier’s support codes:
- Verizon: (800) 922-0204,
- Sprint: *2
- AT&T: 611
- T-Mobile: 611
- Telus: 611
- Vodafone: 191
- Docomo: 151
- 4 Tap the “Call” button. This is generally a green icon that resembles a phone receiver. Tap this ic
- 5 Follow any spoken instructions. Each carrier’s customer service menu is different. You will generally be asked to select a language and then given a list of options. You may be asked to say what you are calling about or press a button that corresponds to the option you are calling about on the dial page. Select the option related to voicemail or your service plan.
- You may be asked for your voicemail PIN, an account password, and/or other credentials.
- 6 Ask that the support agent disable your voicemail service. When the customer service representative or automated service confirms that your voicemail has been disabled, it’s okay to hang up
- 1 Open the Phone app. It generally has an icon that resembles a phone receiver. Tap the phone icon on your Home screen to open the Phone app.
- Enabling voicemail doesn’t disable your voicemail. It just forwards the call to a different number. This is meant to be a short-term solution.
- Most carriers will disable your voicemail for you if you ask them to do so. Calling your carrier is the only reliable long-term way to turn off voicemail on your Android.
- 2 Tap the Menu icon ⋮, It’s usually an icon with three dots in the upper-right corner of the Phone app. This displays the menu.
- 3 Tap Settings, It’s one of the options listed in the menu.
- 4 Look for a call-forwarding option. Where this is located will be different depending on the model of your phone and your carrier. It may be under More Settings, Advanced, or Supplementary services,
- Not all phone carriers support Call Forwarding. If you can’t find this option, it may be possible that it’s not supported by your carrier.
- 5 Select the call-forwarding option. This will usually say something like Call forwarding or Forwarding settings,
- 6 Tap a Call-Forwarding option. There are generally 4 Call Forwarding settings. They are usually something similar to the following::
- Always Forward: This option forwards all your calls to a different number.
- Forward when busy: This option forwards your calls when you are on another call.
- Forward when unanswered: This forwards your calls to a different number when the call goes unanswered. This is the best option to bypass your voicemail because calls will be forwarded to a different number instead of your voicemail.
- Forward when unreachable: This forwards calls when your phone is off or not able to receive service.
- 7 Enter a phone number to forward the calls to. You can forward calls to any phone number of your choice.
- Use an inactive phone number, if you know one.
- 8 Click Turn On, This enables voicemail and sends your phone calls to a different number.
- 1 Put your Android into airplane mode. Before you begin, you’ll want to turn on airplane mode (or turn the Android off) so calls are automatically routed to voicemail. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait for the phone to finish ringing before you can leave a message. To put your phone in airplane mode, swipe down from the top of your phone screen and tap the icon that resembles an airplane.
- 2 Dial your own phone number from another phone line. You can use a landline, a friend’s phone, or an online service like Google Voice to place the call.
- 3 Leave yourself a message. You don’t have to say much of anything, but make sure you take a few seconds before hanging up.
- 4 Hang up and repeat the process. You’ll want to continue leaving yourself messages until you hear a message telling you the voice mailbox is full. The number of messages it takes to fill a mailbox varies by carrier.
- If you have Verizon, for example, you’ll need to fill your mailbox with 20 messages to fill it. If you have Sprint, you’ll need 30 messages.
- Most carriers, including Sprint, delete new messages if you haven’t retrieved them in 30 days. This means you’ll have to repeat this process once a month to keep your voicemail box full.
Add New Question
- Question Can you turn off your voicemail? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer Yes, you can turn off Android voicemail. You can turn it off using the No Voicemail app, a carrier code or through the Android settings. Each of these methods are detailed in the steps above.
- Question How do I remove voicemail icon from Samsung Galaxy? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer Try going to Settings, then Applications, then Phone. Once here, tap Clear Data and Clear Cache. Turn your phone off and let it be for 10 to 15 seconds. Then turn it back on and check your screen. The notification icon should have been removed.
- Question How do I disconnect voicemail? Call the place where you got your phone and ask them to disable it for you. When you want to turn it back on, call them again or look in your user guide for the process.
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
On some Android phones, you may be able to disable voicemail by opening your phone’s settings, tapping Call or Phone, tapping Voicemail, tapping your voicemail number, and deleting it.
Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Advertisement
Some carriers won’t allow you to disable your voicemail due to contractual obligations. If this is your case, calling your carrier’s customer service line to see if they will disable voicemail for you is your only option.
Advertisement Article Summary X 1. Locate your carrier’s support phone number or carrier code.2. Dial your carrier’s number.3. Request to speak to a representative.4. Ask the representative to disable your voicemail service. Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 707,683 times.
Why does Android keep going to voicemail?
To fix calls that keep going to voicemail, disable Do Not Disturb and call forwarding. You can also try turning Bluetooth off and on, or replacing your SIM card with a new one. Checking your network coverage and contacting your mobile provider is a good last resort.
Incoming calls on your Android phone that inexplicably go straight to voicemail without ringing is a mundane — yet frustrating — issue. But there is an explanation and, more importantly, a way to fix it. While there could be several possible causes, almost all of them involve your phone’s settings, making this generally easy to troubleshoot.
- Among the handful of things that might automatically send your calls to voicemail is your phone’s Do Not Disturb mode, blocked numbers, call forwarding, Bluetooth connections, and your phone’s SIM card.
- Whether you accidentally activated any of these phone features or forgot you turned them on, don’t fret.
Restoring your Android’s default settings to receive calls again can be a quick process.
How do I clear voicemail on Samsung?
How to Delete Voicemail on Samsung – Sometimes you want to delete voicemail on Samsung from your mobile. Because there is no space in mobile. But you don’t know how to delete voicemail on Andriod mobile. I will tell you the procedure that how to clear voicemail on Andriod. If you want to know how to delete all text messages on iPhone so I have already written an article on it. First of all, you need to lunch your voice mail app as shown in the picture below. After that Select a voicemail, then you will click the three-dotted menu. After that, you need to click the delete button. If you want to delete multiple voicemails, press and hold the first voicemail message, then select “More items.” After that Select “Delete” and then check the “I understand” box > “Delete.” This way you can delete voicemail on android.