How to delete an album in Apple Photos
- Open Apple Photos.
- Tap on the Albums tab at the bottom.
- Tap on ‘See All’ which is on the right at the top of all your albums.
- Tap on ‘Edit’ in the top right corner.
- Tap on the red circle in the left corner of the albums you want to delete.
- Confirm ‘Delete Album’
- That’s it, all done.
- 1 Why can’t I delete photos from my iPhone album?
- 1.1 How do I delete an empty album in photos?
- 1.2 What is the difference between album and folder in iPhone photos?
- 1.3 What is the difference between delete from album and library?
- 1.4 Why you should keep a photo album?
- 2 Is an album a folder?
- 3 How do I delete a folder in iCloud photos?
Why can’t I delete photos from my iPhone album?
Delete photos or videos – When you delete photos and videos, they go to your Recently Deleted album for 30 days. After 30 days, they’ll be permanently deleted. If you use iCloud Photos, and delete photos and videos from one device, the photos and videos will be deleted on your other devices. is gray when you try to delete a photo from your iPhone or iPad, you might need to stop syncing photos from your computer. Learn how to stop syncing photos from your computer,
How do I delete an empty album in photos?
In the Photos app on your Mac, click My Albums in the sidebar to display your albums. Control-click the album that you want to delete, choose Delete Album, then click Delete. The album is removed from the library and from iCloud, but the items in the album remain in your photo library.
Why won’t my recently deleted album delete on iPhone?
Solution 7. Update to the latest iOS – If you don’t keep the iOS updated, some apps may be forced to stop working, like iPhone Recently Deleted photos won’t delete. Just in case, please check for iOS update on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Software Update to check whether there is a new version of iOS available.
What is the difference between album and folder in iPhone photos?
Folder vs. Album on iPhone: What’s the Difference? – The difference is quite simple. An album will allow you to quickly add photos of a person, occasion, or event to group them together. On the other hand, a folder will only allow you to add existing albums and other folders to it rather than individual pictures.
- An example of how you might use this would be to group pictures of your vacations together.
- You can create an album of all your photos from your trip to Germany and another separate album from your vacation to Spain.
- You can then create a folder named “Vacations” and add these two albums to it to organize them in one place.
You can continue adding albums as you tour the world! How cool is that? You could also turn individual vacations into their own sub-folders and create further albums inside them for specific events, places, and occurrences on vacation.
How do I delete a folder from photos app?
Remove folder location from Photos on Windows 11 – To remove a folder location from the Photos app, use these steps:
- Open Photos app.
- Click on Folders,
- Right-click the location and select the Remove folder option.
After you complete the steps, the folder will continue to be available on your computer, but its content will no longer be available through the Photos app.
What is the difference between delete from album and library?
Deleting photos from an album only deletes them from that album, not from the library or from any other albums they are in (A photo can belong to more than one album). Deleting photos from the library removes them completely from the library as well as all the albums they are in.
Why are my deleted photos on iPhone but storage still full?
1. Check the Recently Deleted Folder – A common reason for this issue revolves around the Recently Deleted album in the Photos app. This album allows you to recover deleted photos and videos for up to 30 days after deleting them. Like the Recycle Bin on your computer, it acts as a temporary safety net in case you change your mind.
- This means that deleted data still exists on your phone—and is synced to iCloud—for some time, despite you having deleted it.
- People commonly forget to clear this album out since the folder is buried far down in the Photos app.
- Thus, the first step to take if the Photos section of your iCloud storage still uses a lot of space is to delete the pictures in Recently Deleted permanently.
Make sure you back up the photos to another location before doing this, in case you want them back in the future. If the problem isn’t fixed after clearing out this folder, the rest of the below tips will lead you to a fix.
Do all iphones have a recently deleted album?
Method 1: Recover Recently Deleted Photos – First up is the quickest and easiest method, our safety net. If your iPhone is running iOS8 or newer ( what iOS version is my iPhone running? ), you’ll have a handy ‘Recently Deleted’ folder in your Photos app.
That’s right, even when you’ve deleted photos, they will remain on your iPhone for 30 days before being permanently deleted from the device. Note that this option only covers photos which you have deleted. If you have lost data through a software or backup issue, the photos will not appear in this album.
In this case, go to Method 2, Here’s how to view and restore deleted photos on your iPhone:
Open the Photos app. Scroll down to the ‘ Recently Deleted ‘ album. The album will show all deleted photos from the last 30 days, as well as how many days remaining they have before being permanently deleted. Tap ‘ Select ‘ then tap all the photos that you want to restore to the device. Tap ‘ Recover ‘ to save your photos!
If your photos have been permanently deleted from your iPhone, we need to step up our detective game. At this point, you need to check your iPhone backups on you computer for the photos that you are missing. These are the backups created by iTunes (or Finder on macOS) when your device was synced in the past. ▶ ” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” title=”How to recover deleted photos – video” loading=”lazy”> Let’s see how we can use the popular iBackup Extractor tool to extract your deleted photos from a backup :
Download and install iBackup Extractor. Choose a backup of your device from the list to view its contents. Click the ‘ Photos ‘ tab in each backup to look for your deleted iPhone photos. Once you find photos that you would like to restore, select them, and click ‘ Copy Photos ‘.
The free trial of iBackup Extractor allows you to extract 20 items FREE. Download iBackup Extractor Free The photos will copy to your computer. If you then want to restore the photos to your iPhone, simply connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Click your device icon, then ‘Photos’ to open your sync options. Tick the ‘Sync Photos’ box, then using the dropdown box, select the location on your computer where you copied your pictures to with iBackup Extractor.
Do iPhone photo albums take up more storage?
Albums and Your Phone’s Storage – Organizing photos into albums is a great way to keep similar photos and videos together. Some users are cautious about adding too many albums because they fear that it takes up too much space. This is not an issue on iOS devices.
- When you create a new folder on your computer, you use disk space.
- However, albums in the iPhone Photos app do not work this way.
- The albums are an organization tool for your media.
- A new album does not use additional space on your phone.
- Also, moving a photo or video to an album or multiple albums does not create a copy of that media file.
Feel free to create as many albums as you like; your storage space is safe.
Why you should keep a photo album?
4. Collection – Photo albums are also a special gift that can act as a great way to remember new memories and special events. Far more than images from long ago collated on a computer screen, a photo album can allow each of us to share stories and add them to the evergrowing collection of experiences that we call life.
Since the invention of photography, our ability to relate and to be receptive to memories and images with just our imaginations has slowly degraded, much like an aging photograph born to harsh elements like the sands of time. Thus, such albums become a vital part of memory, triggering thoughts and feelings that might otherwise become buried by these sands.
This trend of behavior seems inevitable at this point. Thus, it would be foolish to deny the use of photo albums to trigger a memory in the face of blankness. In much the same way as learning how to keep a journal is learning how to remember.
Is an album a folder?
Folders are the first level of organization and determine the physical location that stores your image files. Albums are the second (third, etc.) level allowing you to group your photos by subject, event, task and more.
How do I permanently delete my camera roll folder?
Delete the Camera Roll and Saved Pictures Folders – As the Camera Roll and Saved Pictures folders are tied to the Camera and Photos apps, the only way to permanently delete these folders is to uninstall the apps. These apps come with Windows 10 and cannot be uninstalled like you would a usual program.
- Instead, you need to use PowerShell for the uninstallation,
- To begin, do a system search for PowerShell,
- Next, right click the result and click Run as administrator,
- Copy ( Ctrl + C ), paste ( Ctrl + V ), and press Enter on your keyboard for each of these commands.
- To uninstall Camera: Get-AppxPackage *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage To uninstall Photos: Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage Note that you may use the Photos app to browse pictures on your computer without realizing it.
A suitable alternative is the Windows Photo Viewer. Here’s our quick guide to bring back Photo Viewer, If you want to reinstall those apps or any other Windows apps you may have deleted, use this command in PowerShell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach
How do I delete a folder in iCloud photos?
In iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, select the file or folder you want to delete. in the iCloud Drive toolbar and confirm you want to delete the file or folder. One of the following happens: If you’re the owner: The file or folder is removed from the devices of everyone you shared it with.
Why are my photos reappearing after I delete them?
If your Android deleted files keep returning and reappearing after deletion, something goes wrong with the SD card. Here, try solutions to permanently delete files from the SD card or format the SD card.
Why can’t I delete photos from Apple photos?
What to do if you can’t delete photos on Mac – If you’re trying to delete pictures but they’re not really going away, a couple of common causes include:
- Deleting in Album view. If you’re in Album view versus Photos view, deleting a picture will only delete it from that specific photo album. So, even though the pic has been deleted, it still lives in your photo library.
- Deleting from Photo Stream. For iCloud users, Photo Stream is a feature that’s supposed to help you transfer pictures between devices. But, like albums, if you delete an image from photo stream, it’s possible for it to still live in your library.
It’s pretty uncanny just how fast you can accumulate pictures and videos on any of your devices. And if you don’t do the upfront legwork putting them into Photos, things can get out of hand very quickly. But there’s always a silver lining. In this case, that’s the fact that once you know how to find your photos, it’s not difficult to delete them.
Add and remove photos from a shared album in iCloud for Windows In iCloud for Windows, you can add new photos and videos to and allow subscribers to add photos and videos to an album. When photos or videos are added to a shared album, subscribers receive a notification that new items have been added.
- On your Windows computer,,
- Double-click the shared album you want to add photos or videos to.
- Click “Add photos or videos” in the toolbar.
- In the dialog that appears, do either of the following:
- Drag photos or videos to the dialog from another window.
- Click “Choose photos or videos,” then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Click Done.
Videos added to a shared album can be up to five minutes long. The owner of a shared album can delete photos and videos that anyone adds. Subscribers to a shared album can delete only the photos and videos they add. When you delete a photo or video from a shared album you own, it’s removed from the shared album on all your devices and all subscribers’ devices.
- On your Windows computer,,
- Double-click the shared album you want to delete photos or videos from. You can’t delete from the Activity view.
- Select a photo or video you want to delete so that it appears in the Comments section on the right.
- Click the photo in the Comments section, then click,
Helpful? Thanks for your feedback. : Add and remove photos from a shared album in iCloud for Windows