Use AirPods with a non-Apple device – You can use AirPods as a Bluetooth headset with a non-Apple device. You can’t use Siri, but you can listen and talk. To set up your AirPods with an Android phone or other non-Apple device, 3 follow these steps:
On your non-Apple device, go to the settings for Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is on.4 If you have an Android device, go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth. With your AirPods in the charging case, open the lid. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light starts flashing white. When your AirPods appear in the list of Bluetooth devices, select them.
- 0.1 Why aren’t my AirPods connecting to my Mac?
- 1 How do I select my AirPods as my audio device?
- 2 How do I select audio devices on my Mac?
- 2.1 Can AirPods connect to Mac and iPhone at the same time?
- 2.2 Why won’t my Bluetooth turn on on Mac?
- 2.3 How do I connect multiple audio devices to my Macbook?
- 2.4 Why are my AirPods connected to my laptop but no sound?
Why aren’t my AirPods connecting to my Mac?
If you can’t connect to your Mac –
- Make sure that you have a Mac with the latest version of macOS,
- Put both AirPods in the charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging,
- To make sure that Bluetooth is on, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Bluetooth.
- If your AirPods are connected, make sure that they’re selected as your audio device, If your AirPods appear in the list of devices but they don’t connect, click the X to the right of your AirPods to remove them from the list.
- Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. Press and hold the setup button on the charging case for up to 10 seconds. The status light should flash white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.
- Hold the charging case, with your AirPods inside and the lid open, next to your Mac.
- Follow the steps on the screen of your Mac.
- Test your AirPods. If you still can’t connect, reset your AirPods,
Why are my AirPods not showing up on Bluetooth?
How Do I Factory Reset My AirPods? – Place your AirPods in the charging case they came with, and make sure the cover is closed. Wait for 30 seconds then unpair the AirPods from your Apple or non-Apple device. Press and hold the setup button located on the rear of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light flashes amber and then white.
Why won’t my AirPods connect to my laptop?
Disconnect AirPods from Apple devices – When you open the lid on an AirPods case, nearby Apple devices automatically pick up the signal and connect to them. This will prevent your Windows PC from initiating a pairing process since Bluetooth pairing works on a first-come-first-served basis.
How do I select my AirPods as my audio device?
Switch AirPods to Mac – Do one of the following:
- Click in the menu bar, then choose your AirPods.
- Choose Apple menu > System Settings, click Sound in the sidebar, click Output on the right, then select your AirPods (you may need to scroll down).
How do I select audio devices on my Mac?
You can play sound through your computer’s internal speakers, your display’s speakers (if it has speakers), or through speakers, headphones, or other equipment plugged into your Mac or available wirelessly through AirPlay. Open Sound settings for me
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Sound in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
- Click Output on the right, then select the device you want to use in the list of sound output devices. All sound output devices available to your Mac are listed, including the computer’s internal speakers, devices plugged into your computer’s sound port ( ), USB speakers, and AirPlay devices. For any device plugged into the computer’s sound port, choose Headphones.
- Do any of the following to adjust your sound output settings:
- Adjust the volume: Drag the Output volume slider. If you have Sound in the menu bar, you can turn the volume up or down from anywhere. To set a volume for alert sounds, drag the Alert volume slider in Sound Effects. The alert volume is relative to your computer’s volume, so if you lower the computer’s volume, alert sounds also play more quietly.
- Stop sound output: Select the Mute checkbox.
- Adjust the balance: Drag the Balance slider.
Depending on your Mac and the devices you use, you may be able to set other volume options using the Audio MIDI Setup app. Open Audio MIDI Setup for me If you use apps that have volume controls (for example, Music or iMovie), their settings can only be equal to or less than the computer’s output volume.
What does orange light on AirPods mean?
Why Are My AirPods Flashing Orange? – The indicator light, or the tiny dot of light on your AirPods’ case, is your AirPods’ way of communicating with you. Different colors and blinking patterns signify various issues or statuses of the device. Paying attention to the different status lights and knowing what they mean can help you understand what’s going on and fix the issues (if there are any) with your AirPods.
- Flashing white light: AirPods are in pairing mode.
- Amber/Orange light (with AirPods in): Your AirPods are charging inside the case.
- Amber/Orange light (without AirPods in): Your charging case doesn’t have enough charge to fully recharge your AirPods one more time.
- Amber/Orange light (while connected to power source): AirPods and the charging case are both charging.
- Green light (with AirPods in): AirPods are charged sufficiently.
- Green light (without AirPods in): The AirPods’ charging case is charged sufficiently.
- Green light (while connected to power source): AirPods and the case are fully charged.
- Flashing green light : One of your AirPods might not be detected by the case.
- Flashing amber/orange light: Your AirPods are experiencing a pairing error.
- No light: Either they are not in use or have run out of battery. Connect with your device to verify the status.
How do I get my computer to recognize my AirPods?
How to connect AirPods to a PC – To connect AirPods to a PC, put your AirPods in the case and press and hold the small button on the back until the status light starts blinking white. Your AirPods should then show up in the Add a device window in your PC’s Bluetooth settings, where you can click to pair and connect.1. Open Settings from the Start menu. Dave Johnson/Business Insider 3. Click Devices,4. At the top of the Bluetooth & other devices section, make sure Bluetooth is turned on. The switch should be toggled on to the right and colored blue.5. Click Add Bluetooth or other device, Make sure Bluetooth is turned on in Settings, then click the Add Bluetooth button. Dave Johnson/Business Insider 6. In the Add a device window, click Bluetooth,7. Open the lid of your AirPods case. (Skip this step if you own AirPod Max’s.) 8. Press and hold the small button on the back of the case for several seconds, until the status light on the front of the case starts blinking white. The button on the back of the case puts the AirPods in pairing mode. Dave Johnson/Business Insider 9. The AirPods should appear in the list of devices available for pairing on your PC. They might first appear as Headphones, and then change to AirPods after a few moments.10. Click AirPods, After the AirPods are in pairing mode, you should see them appear in the list of available devices. Dave Johnson/Business Insider 11. Windows will connect to the AirPods and display a success message. Click Done, You can now listen to your PC audio through the AirPods. After the Bluetooth setup is complete, you can click “Done” and close Settings. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
Can AirPods connect to Mac and iPhone at the same time?
Can AirPods Be Connected To Two Devices At The Same Time? – IMDb While AirPods cannot be connected to two different devices at the same time, they do offer several pairing options that are particularly useful for users in ‘s ecosystem. For example, it’s simple to switch between different Apple devices, and it is possible to connect a pair of AirPods to many different devices — just not at the same time.
- Though AirPods cannot connect to two different devices simultaneously, they do offer seamless device switching with other Apple devices.
- As long as someone links their AirPods to their Apple ID, AirPods will instantly switch to whatever device the wearer is using.
- If you’re listening to music on your iPhone, AirPods will connect to it and play that music.
If you then hop on your MacBook and begin watching a movie, AirPods switch to the MacBook and pick up its audio instead. While it’s not quite the same as having AirPods connected. : Can AirPods Be Connected To Two Devices At The Same Time? – IMDb
Why is AirPods not working?
If your left or right AirPod isn’t working Learn what to do if your left or right AirPod doesn’t play audio.
Make sure that your charging case is fully charged. Place both AirPods in your charging case and let them charge for 30 seconds. Open the charging case near your iPhone or iPad. Check the charge status on your iPhone or iPad to make sure that each AirPod is charging, Put both AirPods in your ears. Play audio to test both AirPods. If an AirPod still isn’t working, or,
If your left or right AirPod isn’t playing any sound, or if the volume is too quiet, follow these steps:
Check the microphone and speaker mesh on each AirPod. If you see any debris,, and see if that fixes the issue. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Balance, and make sure that the balance is set in the middle.
: If your left or right AirPod isn’t working
Why won’t my Bluetooth turn on on Mac?
Key Takeaways –
Restarting your MacBook is the easiest fix and often resolves simple problems. Install any available updates to ensure out-of-date software is not causing Bluetooth not to work on your MacBook. Another easy fix is to reset your MacBook’s SMC and NVRAM, This can often clear up issues with Bluetooth. If that does not work, you can try resetting your Bluetooth module, This can resolve more severe issues with your MacBook Bluetooth. Additionally, you can delete your Bluetooth,plist files to fix Bluetooth problems. Your MacBook will automatically generate new ones the next time you restart. Finally, you should check for malware and system junk which could be causing severe software problems on your MacBook. is one of the most trusted apps for the job.
How do I connect multiple audio devices to my Macbook?
Select version: Modifying this control will update this page automatically If you use more than one audio device to create a multi-output device, you can play audio through several devices at once. For example, when you add two devices to a multi-output device, audio sent to the master device also plays through any other device in the stack. Open Audio MIDI Setup for me
In the Audio MIDI Setup app on your Mac, click the Add button at the bottom of the sidebar in the Audio Devices window, then choose Create Multi-Output Device. A new multi-output device appears in the sidebar. To rename the device, click it, then enter a new name. Select the new multi-output device, then on the right side of the Audio Devices window, select the Use checkbox of each device you want to use in the multi-output device. To set the master device for the multi-output device, click the Master Device pop-up menu, then choose an output device.
To remove a multi-output device, select it on the right side of the Audio Devices window, then click the Remove button, Please don’t include any personal information in your comment. Maximum character limit is 250. Thanks for your feedback.
How do I select audio device?
1. Switch Audio Device Using the Quick Settings Panel – The easiest way to change the sound output device is via the, Here’s how to swap between audio devices in Windows 11 using the same.
Make sure the audio devices you want to use are connected to your PC. Next, click the quick settings panel icon in the bottom left corner. It includes your Ethernet, Volume, and Battery control icons. When the panel pops up, click the right arrow icon at the end of the volume slider. This will bring up all the audio devices connected to your PC. Click on any device to set it as the sound output device.
Volume mixer in Windows 11 lets you manage your volume levels, input, and output devices, as well as configure volume levels for different apps installed on your PC. To set the Output device using volume mixer:
Right-click on the Volume icon in the quick settings panel. Next, click on Open volume mixer from the context menu. You can also open the volume mixer from Settings > Sound > Volume mixer. In the Volume mixer window, click the drop-down for Output device and select the audio device you want to use. Additionally, you can also select your input device and set the volume level for multimedia apps that you are currently using.
If you want more control over the output device and its properties, you can do it in Windows Settings. Apart from swapping the output devices, you can also control volume, change output settings, enable or disable enhance audio and choose your spatial sound technology. Follow these steps to change your sound output device in Windows Settings:
Press Win + I to open Settings, In the System tab, click on Sound, The Sound panel lists all the audio devices connected to your PC and can play sound. Click on the device you want to set as your Output device. To configure the output device for the advanced features discussed above, click the right arrow icon for the output device to view its Properties, Here, you can change the audio quality, format, and more for the device. You can set and use your sound device as a default device for audio and communications.
Xbox Game Bar is a built-in customizable game overlay available on Windows 11 and 10 computers. You can access it with the Win + G shortcut. It gives you instant access to, performance statistics, and audio controls. You can also use Xbox Game Bar to change your default audio device during gameplay or otherwise. Here’s how to do it.
Press the Win + G combo on your keyboard to launch the Xbox Game Bar overlay. In the Audio window, open the Mix tab. Click the drop-down for Windows Default Output and select your headphone or speaker. Press the Esc key to exit the overlay. The changes made via the Game Bar overlay are applied system-wide.
SoundSwitch is a third-party volume control app for Windows. It lets you switch between your audio output devices from the Taskbar. You can also use it to and sound control panel in Windows. However, what makes SoundSwitch so interesting is that it lets you,
Go to the and download the latest installer. Then, run the installer and complete the installation. To assign a hotkey, you need to access the SoundSwitch settings. So, click the up arrow icon in the taskbar to expand system tray. Right-click on the SoundSwitch icon (headphone icon) and select Settings, In the Playback tab, select your default playback device. Next, open the Profiles tab. Here, click the Add button to create a new profile for your output device. In the Add Profile window, type a name for the profile. Next, select the Also switch default device option. Click the drop-down for Playback and select the sound output device for which you want to set the hotkey. Next, click the drop-down for Available Triggers and select Hotkey. Click the Add button. Click on the Hotkey field and press the hotkey you want to use. For example, if you want to use Ctrl + M to switch to the default audio device, press Ctrl + M to assign it as the hotkey. Click Save to add the profile. Repeat the steps to add hotkeys for other devices.
To remove profiles, open SoundSwitch settings and click on the Profiles tab. Next, select the profile you want to remove and click Delete, Download : (Free) You can use the classic Sound control panel to set a default audio device in Windows 11. Useful if you use one audio output device more than the other and prefer to keep it as your default device for all the apps.
Press Win + R to open Run, Type control mmsys.cpl sounds and click OK to open the Sound control panel. Next, open the Playback tab. Right-click on the device that you want to set as default and select Set as Default Device. Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
In Windows 10, you could switch between different playback devices with a right-click on the volume icon. However, Windows 11, in its quest to simplify things, made the process a bit tricky. Now you need to use the quick settings panel and access the volume settings to switch between the devices.
Why are my AirPods connected but not working?
To reset Bluetooth, follow these steps: –
- Go to Settings
- Select Bluetooth
- Toggle Bluetooth OFF and wait 20 seconds
- Toggle Bluetooth back ON
- Re-select your AirPods and try to connect
Alternatively, you can turn off Bluetooth by swiping down on the home screen and tapping on the blue Bluetooth icon, turning it gray (off). Wait for 20 seconds, then tap the Bluetooth icon again to turn it blue (on). If the first attempt doesn’t work, try resetting Bluetooth once more.
Why are my AirPods connected to my laptop but no sound?
4. Set AirPods as Your Default Audio Output Device – Usually, if you don’t hear any sound on your AirPods, it might be because they are not the default output device on Windows. As a result, the transmitted audio goes to your computer speakers or other connected devices instead of your AirPods. Follow these steps to change the settings: