Change the name of your iPhone Select version: iOS 16 iOS 15 iOS 14 iOS 13 Modifying this control will update this page automatically
Use iPhone with iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and PC Restart, update, reset, and restore Safety, handling, and support
You can change the name of your iPhone, which is used by iCloud, AirDrop, your Personal Hotspot, and your computer.
Helpful? Thanks for your feedback. : Change the name of your iPhone
What is the circle of death iPhone?
Part 5: Try DFU mode if Recovery Mode doesn’t Work – DFU stands for Device Firmware Update and is a more advanced version of the recovery mode. Since it would even skip the bootloading phase of the device, it will let you fix more critical issues with it.
- Just like the recovery mode, this will also erase all the saved content and settings from your device.
- Though, the key combinations to boot an iPhone to DFU mode are slightly different than the recovery mode.
- IPhone 8 and newer models Connect your iPhone to the system and launch iTunes on it, to start with.
While connecting, press the Side + Volume Down buttons at the same time for ten seconds. After that, let go of the Side key but keep holding the Volume Down key for the next 5 seconds. iPhone 7 or 7 Plus Power off your iPhone and connect it to iTunes using an authentic cable. At the same time, press and hold the Power (wake/sleep) key and the Volume Down button for ten seconds. Later, release the Power key but make sure you press the Volume Down button for the next 5 seconds. iPhone 6s and older models Connect your iPhone to iTunes and turn it off already. Now, press the Power + Home buttons for ten seconds at the same time. Gradually, release the Power (wake/sleep) key, but hold the Home button for the next 5 seconds. In the end, your device’s screen should be black with nothing on it. If it shows the Apple or the iTunes logo, then it means you have made a mistake and would have to do this from the start. On the other hand, iTunes will detect if your iPhone has entered the DFU mode and will suggest you restore the device.
Why does my iPhone say iPhone 2?
Related Article: If you can’t connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone or iPad Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. Why is my IPhone showing IPhone (2).I only have one. How do I change it.? Posted on Jan 11, 2023 8:11 AM Question marked as Apple recommended That is the name of your phone.
You can change it by going to Settings/General/About and tapping on the name to edit it. The (2) is because iTunes or Finder has “seen” another iPhone, so it appended the (2) to differentiate them from each other. It might also be the same phone if the phone was restored from a backup. Posted on Jan 11, 2023 8:13 AM 1 reply Question marked as Apple recommended Jan 11, 2023 8:13 AM in response to KingTitan61 That is the name of your phone.
You can change it by going to Settings/General/About and tapping on the name to edit it. The (2) is because iTunes or Finder has “seen” another iPhone, so it appended the (2) to differentiate them from each other. It might also be the same phone if the phone was restored from a backup.
Is your Apple ID your AirDrop name?
How to change the AirDrop name on your Mac – You’ll want to make sure you’re using the newest version of MacOS, or you may encounter problems. You can learn how to update MacOS on the Apple website. MacBooks and all Mac computers running macOS also support AirDrop file sharing. Like with iPhones and iPads, the default AirDrop name is your computer name, which means it’s used for all other networks, including Bluetooth, iCloud, and Find My.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper-right corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Go to System Settings,
- Click General on the left sidebar.
- Click About.
- Click the Name field and type your new computer name.
- This will be the new name of your Mac and will be used to identify it in AirDrop among nearby devices.
Why is my iPhone not showing name?
Restarting Your iPhone Might Cause Contact Names to Return – It’s usually a good idea to turn your iPhone off and on again if you feel like there’s a software bug happening. If you own the or a newer model than that, you should press and hold either of your Volume buttons at the same time as the Side button.
- The Slide to Power Off slider will appear.
- Slide it to the right, which turns off the device.
- Then, after a few seconds, press and hold down the Side button until you see the Apple logo come up.
- If your device is an,, or, you will need to press and hold down the Side button until you see that same Slide to Power Off slider.
Slide it to the right, turning off the device. Next, press and hold down your Side button until the Apple logo pops up on the display and the phone restarts. If you have an or an older model than that, then you should press and hold the Top button until you get the Slide to Power Off slider.
- Slide it to the right.
- To turn it back on, you must press and hold down the Top button until you see the Apple logo.
- Get Cash For Your Used iPhone We buy used and broken iPhones for top dollar! Get free shipping, a 14-day price lock, and our highest price guarantee.
- Once you’ve done this, check and see if the contact names are back.
If you still don’t see them, move on to the next fix on this list.