- 1 What was David Bowie’s net worth before he died?
- 2 What song pays the most royalties?
- 3 Who is the richest singer?
- 4 Who gets David Bowie’s royalties?
- 5 Did David Bowie leave money to his son?
- 6 Who did George leave his money to?
- 7 How much does Boy George get paid?
Why is Boy George worth so much money?
Boy George net worth – The singing icon has earned a fortune of £35.8million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. With a career spanning more than 40 years, it is no surprise he has earned the sizable sum of money. The singer is best known for hits including Do You Really Want to Hurt Me, Karma Chameleon and The Crying Game. READ MORE: Why you should NEVER use bleach on mould Boy George net worth: He has earned an impressive fortune during his career (Image: GETTY) Boy George net worth: He shot to fame in the band Culture Club (Image: GETTY) Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding.
You can unsubscribe at any time. More info Boy George, real name George Alan O’Dowd, was born in Kent on June 14, 1961. He became known for his eccentric sense of style which helped him to get his first break in the music industry. The singer caught the attention of a music manager who placed him in the band Bow Wow Wow.
After a brief stint as the band’s singer, Boy George left to form what later became Culture Club. DON’T MISS The band released a range of top hits in the 1980s and their early hit Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? gained them recognition and landed the number one spot across countries across the world.
Boy George topped up his bank account as the band enjoyed success on both sides of the Atlantic and became the first group since the Beatles to have three top 10 hits from their debut album in the US. Culture Club released six albums in the 1980s and 1990s, amounting to more than 50 million sales across the world.
As well as his success in the iconic pop band, Boy George has released a number of solo records. Boy George net worth: He was a judge on The Voice in the UK and Autralia (Image: GETTY) Since the late 1980s, he has released an impressive nine albums and 47 singles. He added to his fortune by forming his own record label in 1989 named More Protein. Boy George net worth: The richest people in the UK (Image: EXPRESS) Both books were bestsellers in the UK and Straight stayed on top of The Sunday Times bestseller list for six weeks. In January 2016, Boy George became a judge on The Voice UK and stayed on the panel for one season.
How much is Boy George worth in 2023?
What is Boy George’s Net Worth? – Boy George (birth name George Alan O’Dowd) is an English singer and songwriter who has a net worth of $50 million. Boy George is known for some of the biggest pop hits in recent memory, including “Karma Chameleon” and “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me.” Boy George is also famous for his striking, androgynous public image.
What was David Bowie’s net worth before he died?
David Bowie’s Net Worth – Although there has been some controversy over the exact amount that this musical icon was worth when he died in 2016, it has been reported that Davis Bowie’s net worth was around $230 million making him one of the richest people on earth before he died.
How much is Mick Jagger worth right now?
What is Mick Jagger’s Net Worth? – Amazingly, Mick Jagger’s net worth is over $500 million. He has amassed his wealth from songwriting, touring, merchandise sales, acting, and film production. In addition to his career with the Rolling Stones, he’s also had a successful solo career. He makes over $1.5 a year in Spotify streams alone. Mick Jagger sings during Rolling Stones concert in London on 22 May 2018. Image by Ralph_PH on Wikimedia Commons,
How much money has Elton John made?
Elton John Net Worth 2023 – Elton John, a British singer holds British nationality and according to news, Elton John’s Net Worth as of 2023 is around $550 Million. This popular personality from England has earned a decent amount of money from his profession.
Do celebrities get paid for I’m a celebrity?
Over the years, several reports have clarified that celebrities typically receive a flat fee and that this amount does not change depending on how long they avoid elimination, or if they win the series.
What song pays the most royalties?
If you want to make a ton of money in the music industry, you need to learn how to write a song. Actually it’s not enough to write just any song, you need to write a HIT song. Earlier this week we wrote an article about whether or not it’s possible to retire off the royalties from one song like Hugh Grant ‘s character in the movie “About A Boy”.
- We concluded that not only was it possible, but if you manage to write a song that has longevity, you can retire with a bloody fortune.
- In that same article, we listed the 10 “richest” songs of all time.
- These songs have produced enough money through royalties, endorsements and other streams of income to make the song writers (and their heirs) extremely wealthy.
The list was so interesting that we decided it deserved it’s own article with more details. If you’re interested in making a lot of money off songwriting, remember these three tricks: 1) Write a Christmas song.2) Write a timeless love song.3) Get your song featured in a movie.
- And if you really want to hit the jackpot, write a Christmas love song that gets featured in a movie! So without further delay, let’s take a look at the 10 richest songs of all time: The 10 Richest Songs Of All Time: 10.
- Mel Torme – “The Christmas Song” (1944).
- Estimated earnings: $19 million.
- You probably know this song by its opening line “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire”.
Ironically, Torme is Jewish and wrote the music and the song in under 45 minutes during a blistering hot Chicago summer. He was just 19 years old. The song has since been covered by hundreds of huge artists including Michael Buble, Tony Bennett, Garth Brooks, Bob Dylan, Frank Sinatra, NSYNC and many more.
- Despite having written more than 250 songs during his career, “The Christmas Song” was by far Mel’s biggest financial success.
- He often referred to it as “my annuity”.9.
- Roy Orbison & Bill Dees – “Oh Pretty Woman” (1964).
- Estimated earnings: $19.75 million As we mentioned above, one of the best ways to make a ton of money off a song is to get it featured in major Hollywood movie.
Better yet, get a major Hollywood movie to name itself after your song. That’s obviously what happened for Roy Orbison and Bill Dees’ 1964 tune “Oh Pretty Woman”. The song was a huge hit in its own right 25 years before the Richard Gere / Julia Roberts feature film, but clearly the movie is responsible for much of the songs lasting popularity today.
Right before his death in 2012, Bill Dees told a reporter that he was still earning $100-$200 thousand per year in royalties off “Oh Pretty Woman”, nearly 50 years later.8. Sting – “Every Breath You Take” (1983). Estimated earnings: $20.5 million Sting’s classic song about an unhealthy obsession with a lost love, was one of the biggest hits of 1983 having spent eight weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Billboard ranked “Every Breath You Take” at #25 on their list of the top 100 songs of all time. In 1997, the song received a huge re-boot in popularity when Puff Daddy released his cover tribute to the late rapper Notorious BIG “I’ll Be Missing You”. Diddy’s version would go on to win a Grammy and become one of the best selling singles of all time with more 7 million copies sold worldwide.
- In 2010, Sting’s former business manager claimed that this song is responsible for more than 1/4 of all the singer’s lifetime publishing income and today still produces $2000 a day ($730,000 per year) in royalties income for Sting.
- Songwriting for “Every Breath You Take” is credited 100% to Sting (AKA Gordon Sumner).
When Diddy produced his version, he forgot to ask for permission first which allowed Sting to demand and receive an unheard of 100% of the remix’s publishing royalties (the standard would have been 25-50%). Interestingly, the only part of the original Police song that Diddy actually sampled was Andy Summer’s guitar riff.
Neither Sting’s vocals nor Stewart Copeland’s drum can be heard anywhere on “I’ll Be Missing You”. Because Sting is listed as the sole composer, Summers did not receive a dime in royalties from P Diddy and was not even consulted for his blessing. In fact, Summers was not even aware of the song until his son heard it on the radio.
In a recent interview, Andy Summers called Puff Daddy’s song “the major rip-off of all time”, Furthermore, he elaborated: “He actually sampled my guitar, and that’s what he based his whole track on. Stewart’s not on it. Sting’s not on it. I’d be walking round Tower Records, and the fucking thing would be playing over and over.
- It was very bizarre while it lasted.” 7.
- Haven Gillespie & Fred J Coots – “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” (1934).
- Estimated earnings: $25 million The second of three Christmas songs on this list.
- The day after the song debuted, over 100,000 people ordered copies of the sheet music.400,000 copies had sold within a few months.
The song has been covered by a wide range of artists including Justin Bieber, Bruce Springsteen and Mariah Carey,6. Ben E King, Jerry Leiber & Mike Stoller – “Stand By Me” (1961). Estimated earnings: $27 million Similar to song #9 on this list, “Stand By Me” was a huge hit in its own time then topped the charts again 20 years later when the movie by the same name was released in 1986.5.
Alex North & Hy Zaret – “Unchained Melody” (1955). Estimated earnings: $27.5 million Originally penned as the theme for a little known 1955 prison movie “Unchained”, this song would eventually become one of the most covered songs in recorded history. Since 1955, “Unchained Melody” has been covered by more than 650 different artists.
The most famous cover is the 1965 version by The Righteous Brothers which, like many songs on this list, received a major boost in popularity when it was used in the 1990 Demi Moore /Patrick Swayze Oscar winning film “Ghost”.4. John Lennon and Paul McCartney – “Yesterday” (1965).
Estimated earnings: $30 million From the birth of The Beatles, Paul McCartney and John Lennon agreed to share credit for all of their songs 50/50, no matter how little the other person contributed. That meant even though Paul wrote and sang 100% of “Yesterday”, it was credited to “Lennon-McCartney”. “Yesterday” would go on to be the second most played song in the history of radio and would be covered by over 2200 different musicians.
As John’s sole heir, Yoko Ono has earned millions in royalties from the song. and despite Paul’s repeated pleas, has refused to surrender credit. In 2000, McCartney asked Yoko for permission to could change the credit to “McCartney-Lennon”, she refused.3.
- Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil and Phil Specter – “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin” (1964).
- Estimated earnings: $32 million Husband and wife songwriters Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil wrote this song with legendary producer (and convicted murderer) Phil Specter.
- Specter insisted, against the couple’s wishes, that they add the now famous line “and he is gone, gone, gone, Whoa, whoa, whoa”.
Similar to the #5 song on this list, “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin” became a massive hit after it was covered by The Righteous Brothers. It also received a massive re-boot in popularity as part of the soundtrack to the 1986 Tom Cruise movie “Top Gun”.
The song would eventually be covered by more than 2200 different artists around the world and become the most played song in radio history,2. Irving Berlin – “White Christmas” (1940). Estimated earnings: $36 million No song captures the heart of the holidays like “White Christmas”. This is ironic when you consider the fact that it was written by a Jewish immigrant from Russia.
Bing Crosby’s version is by far the most famous but countless other artists have recorded the song. Crosby’s version is one of the best selling pieces of music in history, with over 100 million copies sold worldwide to date.1.Hill Sisters – “Happy Birthday” (1893).
- Estimated earnings: $50 million In 1893, the Hill sisters needed a song for their kindergarten class to sing on birthdays.
- Fast forward 120 years and “Happy Birthday” is by far the richest and most profitable song of all time.
- The Ownership of “Happy Birthday” has changed hands a few times in the last 100 years.
Music holding company Warner Chappell bought the rights for $15 million in 1990. Today the song brings in $2 million a year in royalties ($5000 per day). It costs $25,000 to use the song in a movie or TV show which explains why you often see actors sing an odd, amalgamated version on screen.
- This also explains why chain restaurants sing their own custom songs for a guest’s birthday.
- You may not even realize, but it’s technically illegal to sing the song in a large group of unrelated people (like an office party) without paying a royalty to the current copyright holder Warner Music Group (which is owned by a private corporate conglomerate called Access Industries).
The copyright for “Happy Birthday” expires in 2030 in the United States and 2016 in the European Union, at which point we can all finally sing Happy Birthday without writing a royalty check.
Whose funeral did Boy George pay for?
Eighties legend Boy George will pay for pal Pete Burns’ funeral after pop-star dies penniless from cardiac arrest | The Sun.
What is Ed Sheeran’s net worth?
Grammy winner Ed Sheeran is worth an estimated $200 million — but he’s a fan of this penny-pinching savings hack (and psst: pros say you may want to do it too) Getty Images for the Ruth Strauss Foundation Thanks to hits like “Shape of You,” “Bad Habits,” “Castle on the Hill” and “Perfect,” Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran has an estimated net worth of $200 million dollars, according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
- But, even with all that money, Sheeran shared that when it comes to spending, he’s actually quite frugal.
- You never want to be wasteful,” told the Irish Examiner, before revealing he doesn’t have a black credit card in his wallet.
- My Barclays student account.
- I’ve not upgraded because I don’t spend much money.
If I had all my money in one account I would spend all of it, so I get an allowance.” (.) Pros say that is actually a smart way to spend less and save more. Indeed, certified financial planner Marguerita Cheng encourages people to give themselves allowances because it can help them better manage their money.
- And it allows you to have some guilt-free spending, to a point, says Kaleb Paddock, certified financial planner at Ten Talents Financial Planning.
- By setting an allowance for things like fun money and discretionary spending, you’re giving yourself permission to spend and not be wondering if it’s okay.
This concept of allowance can also work wonders for couples who fight about personal spending or discretionary purchases,” says Paddock. Cheng says: “An allowance is basically giving yourself permission to choose how to allocate your monthly cash flow.
People often have competing priorities and can feel overwhelmed or stressed and an allowance provides individuals and couples the opportunity to know they can enjoy today while still planning for tomorrow.” Cheng gives herself an allowance. She allocates some money to saving, some to investing, and gives herself an allowance for things she loves to buy.
“Some examples include Apple Music because I enjoy music, quarterly subscription to book club and membership to Barre since I enjoy reading and staying healthy and fit,” says Cheng. An allowance may be particularly helpful to those who want to become more mindful of what they’re spending while also at least getting some flexibility.
- Those who feel their spending is out of control can use this budgeting method to think about their spending short-term rather than long-term,” says certified financial planner Danielle Miura of Spark Financials.
- As for implementing an allowance strategy, Miura recommends getting a prepaid card and loading it with funds every week.
“Once you hit your weekly limit, you cannot spend any money for the rest of the week,” says Miura. To figure out how much your allowance should be, experts advise adding up all your bills, savings contributions, investments and other essential living costs and then determining an amount leftover that you’re comfortable using for discretionary items and experiences.
Meanwhile, Paddock says it can be helpful to create a primary checking account and then an additional checking or savings account where you establish monthly transfers to tell your money where to go. “For the allowance account, you can have a debit card attached to it if it’s a checking account and you could even open a separate credit card that is paid off monthly through the allowance checking account.
However, if you don’t have self-control to treat your credit card like a debit card, then just stick to using the debit card for allowance purchases so you don’t’ overspend your allowance,” says Paddock. What’s more, Paddock says it can sometimes be helpful, particularly for couples, to use a cash flow app like Honeydue, Tiller Money or Mint, to bring awareness to spending and create text or email notifications if you exceed certain spending limits.
Who is the richest singer?
Richest Musician In The World – (Quick Overview)
|2||Paul McCartney||$1.5 Billion|
|4||Andrew Lloyd Webber||$1.3 Billion|
Who is richer Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift?
Answer: According to ‘Celebrity Net Worth,’ Ariana Grande’s net worth stands at USD 240 million whereas Taylor Swift’s net worth is about USD 400 million, as of April 2023.
Who is the wealthiest Beatle?
Who is the wealthiest Beatle? Paul McCartney is the richest Beatle by far with an estimated net worth of a whopping $1.2 billion.
Is Ringo Starr’s net worth?
Awards and honours – Starr performing in Paris, June 2011 Starr and the other members of the Beatles were appointed Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 1965 Birthday Honours ; they received their insignia from Queen Elizabeth II at an investiture at Buckingham Palace on 26 October.
- He and the other Beatles were collectively nominated for a BAFTA Award for Best Newcomer for their performances in the 1964 film A Hard Day’s Night,
- In 1971, the Beatles received an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score for the film Let It Be,
- The minor planet 4150 Starr, discovered on 31 August 1984 by Brian A.
Skiff at the Anderson Mesa Station of the Lowell Observatory, was named in Starr’s honour. Starr was nominated for a 1989 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series for his role as Mr. Conductor in the television series Shining Time Station,
- In 2015, 27 years after he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the Beatles, Starr became the last Beatle to be inducted for a solo career.
- Unlike the other three Beatles who were inducted within the “Performers” category, Starr was inducted within the “Musical Excellence” category.
During the 50th Grammy Awards, Starr, George Martin and his son Giles accepted the Best Compilation Soundtrack award for Love, On 9 November 2008, Starr accepted a Diamond Award on behalf of the Beatles during the 2008 World Music Awards ceremony in Monaco,
On 8 February 2010, he was honoured with the 2,401st star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. It is located at 1750 North Vine Street, in front of the Capitol Records building, as are the stars for Lennon, McCartney and Harrison. Starr was appointed a Knight Bachelor in the 2018 New Year Honours for services to music.
He was knighted in an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace by Prince William, Duke of Cambridge on 20 March 2018. In 2022, Starr received an honorary Doctor of Music degree from the Berklee College of Music for his “immeasurable impact on music, film and television, and popular culture”.
How much is Elton John worth 2023?
As one of the best-selling artists of all time, it may come as no surprise to learn that Sir Elton has a reported net worth of £450 million. He currently ranks as the 309th richest person in the UK on The Sunday Times Rich List 2023.
Who gets David Bowie’s royalties?
Warner Chappell Music (WCM), the publishing arm of Warner Music Group, has acquired the rights to David Bowie ‘s entire catalog of songs in a deal worth at least $250 million (€221 million), according to anonymous sources speaking to show business trade publication Variety.
This covers all 26 studio albums the late British rock star released during his lifetime, as well as the upcoming posthumous release, “Toy.” Spanning 60 years, Bowie’s catalog includes hits such as “Heroes,” “Changes,” “Space Oddity,” “Let’s Dance,” ” Ziggy Stardust,” as well as his 1981 collaboration with Queen, “Under Pressure.” WCM now owns the rights to Bowie’s songwriting itself, as well as to almost all the recordings of it.
“These are not only extraordinary songs, but milestones that have changed the course of modern music for ever,” WCM chief executive Guy Moot said in a statement. “We are looking forward to tending his unparalleled body of songs with passion and care as we strive to build on the legacy of this most extraordinary human being.” The company had already concluded a deal in September 2021 to acquire Bowie’s recordings from 2000 until his death in 2016, adding to its ownership of the singer’s 1968 to 1999 recordings.
Did David Bowie leave money to his son?
2. Wills Don’t Avoid Estate Taxes – According to credible sources, the Bowie estate is valued at over $100 million. The current federal estate and gift tax exclusion amount is $5.45 million for individuals and $10.9 million for married couples. At the time of his death, Bowie was married, and there is also a spousal exclusion of any assets passed from the decedent spouse to the surviving spouse.
- In his will, Bowie left half of his assets to his surviving wife, and the remaining half split equally to his children.
- He also left $2 million to an assistant and $1 million to a nanny.
- So, in the absence of any other planning, roughly $45 million of his estate will be subject to a 40% estate tax, meaning $18 million will be given to the federal government.
That’s not including any additional amounts due to the New York government because of state estate taxes. North Carolina, on the other hand, does not have a state estate tax. Of the amount left to his wife, all but $5.45 million will be subject to a 40% estate tax when she passes, unless additional planning is used to reduce or avoid the estate tax. Paul Yokabitus is the CEO and Managing Partner of Cary Estate Planning, a Cary, NC, estate planning law firm. With years of experience in estate and elder law, he has zealously represented clients in various legal matters, including estate planning, guardianship, Medicaid planning, estate administration, and other cases.
Who owns Bowie’s estate?
All of David Bowie’s songs are now owned by Warner Music Group. The company made an estimated $250 million deal with Bowie’s estate. Who owns the estate? By Jan.4 2022, Published 10:19 a.m. ET Source: Getty Images “Ziggy Stardust” is now the property of Warner Chappell Music. In fact, all of David Bowie’s songs are now owned by the music publishing arm of Warner Music Group. The company made an estimated $250 million deal with Bowie’s estate. Source: Getty Images Article continues below advertisement
Why is Charlotte richer than George?
Why Princess Charlotte’s Net Worth Is More Than Prince George’s Sibling rivalries—but make them royal. OK, obviously Prince George, 4, and Princess Charlotte, 3, aren’t literally in a competition, but when it comes to overall influence, Charlotte has an edge—and it has to do with her impact on the British economy.
(No biggie.) As it turns out, George and Charlotte are making huge financial waves just by being their cute little selves. While there’s no way to determine the queen’s grandkids exact net worths, there is ways of determining the children’s influence over U.K. markets, and let’s put it this way: Charlotte’s got the upper hand.
Looking into the numbers, there’s an immediate and shocking revelation: Princess Charlotte’s impact on the British economy is valued at almost a billion and a half dollars more than Prince George’s. estimates that Charlotte is worth $5 billion, while her older brother is worth $3.6 billion.
- Arwai Tang Not bad for a little sis.
- But, it is helpful to keep in mind here that this value was calculated based on estimated economic influence over their lifetimes, not real dollars.
- If these estimations translated into dollars held, that would make Charlotte and George wealthier than Queen Elizabeth herself, and obviously that’s not the case.
Essentially, it boils down to the fact that fans of the royal family are a bit more likely to buy a dress Charlotte wore than shorts George did, meaning Charlotte has more economic sway. But why is this? According to, it’s at least partially due to the “Princess Charlotte effect,” where other parents see what Charlotte is wearing and subsequently buy it for their own children.
- The demand is so wild that a poll claims 1 in every 5 parents consider the princess a style icon for their own kids, The Telegraph reports.
- While George’s economic impact is projected to be less than his sister’s for the time being, it’s still nothing to snuff at.
- The royal children have a positive impact on the sales of particular clothes and toys brands they wear or play with,” Brand Finance CEO David Haigh told,
“In this sense, they have a very similar effect on brands as their mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, who has a real Midas touch—everything she touches turns into gold.” The same can be said for Meghan Markle, the newest addition to the royal family, whose favorite pieces have known to sell out within minutes of being identified.
Who did George leave his money to?
George Michaels estate Where did the money go As many of you may already be aware, the late singer George Michael died in 2016 and a bitter inheritance dispute arose regarding his estate worth £98 million. George left a Will and under it, the majority of his large estate passed to his older sisters, his father and his friends.
Both George’s ex-boyfriend, Kenny Goss and his boyfriend at the time of his passing Fadi Fawaz were not due to inherit anything from George’s Will. This led to an inheritance dispute arising and Kenny Goss made a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Independents) Act 1975 stating that George had been financially providing for Kenny and that Kenny was financially dependent on him.
Kenny made a request that he receive £15,000 a month from the estate for life. As a result, an undisclosed financial settlement was agreed to pay out Kenny, although the full details are unknown.
How much does Boy George get paid?
How much Boy George is being paid – Reports suggest Boy George is the highest-paid campmate ever to appear on I’m a Celeb, thought to be bagging around £500,000 for heading to the jungle. This is more than the fee the former highest paid contestant earned, Caitlyn Jenner.
Does Beyonce have more money than Jay Z?
What is Beyonce’s net worth? – Beyoncé’s net worth is $500 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Beyoncé is worth $800 million less than her husband, Jay-Z, who is worth $1.3 billion, according to Celebrity Net Worth. She is worth, however, more than her fellow Destiny’s Child members Kelly Rowland, who is worth $12 million, and Michelle Williams, who is worth $10 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Getty Images. A majority of Beyoncé’s net worth comes from her music career, which includes seven solo albums—2003’s Dangerously in Love, 2006’s B’Day, 2008’s I Am Sasha Fierce, 2011’s 4, 2013’s Beyoncé, 2016’s Lemonade and 2022’s Renaissance —and five albums with Destiny’s Child: 1998’s Destiny’s Child, 1999’s The Writing’s on the Wall, 2001’s Survivor and 8 Days of Christmas, and 2004’s Destiny Fulfilled,
- Beyoncé also has one album with her Jay-Z: 2018’s Everything in Love,
- Beyoncé’s net worth also includes her five headlining tours: Dangerously in Love Tour in 2003; The Beyoncé Experience in 2007; I Am World Tour from 2009 to 2010; The Mrs.
- Carter Show World Tour from 2013 to 2014; The Formation World Tour in 2016; and The Renaissance World Tour in 2023.
The Formation World Tour grossed $256 million worldwide from 49 sold-out shows, according to Billboard, and ranked number two on Pollstar’s Year End Tours chart in 2016. Beyoncé’s fortune also includes what she makes from her businesses and sponsorships, including her entertainment company Parkwood Entertainment, which she founded in 2010 as an imprint from Columbia Records and is named after the street in Houston, Texas, she once lived.