Singer Boy George becomes highest-paid I’m a Celebrity star with £500,000 fee Exclusive: The Sunday People can reveal singer Boy George signed up to the show after plans for a Hollywood biopic on his life were shelved – with Yungblud set to star as him Boy George is getting a £500,000 appearance fee
- will be the highest-paid campmate ever to appear in the jungle with a £500,000 appearance fee.
- The Karma Chameleon star, 61, touched down in Brisbane today wearing a lion mask as the show returned to Australia after two years in Wales.
- Telly insiders said the bumper pay packet tempted him Down Under – and put him ahead of US reality star Caitlyn Jenner, 73, as top earner in the show’s 20-year history.
- The Culture Club singer’s arrival completed the 10-strong line-up for the new series that begins next Sunday night.
- He joked: “I’m here to do a version of The Lion Queen, I don’t know what you are talking about, darling!”
- But his signing was met with anger among those who feel he should be banned from TV due to his abuse conviction in 2009.
- Get all the latest news sent to your inbox.
Boy George touched down in Brisbane today ( Tim Merry/Daily Star)
- George, whose full name is George Alan O’Dowd, was jailed for 15 months for falsely imprisoning a male escort by handcuffing him to a wall and beating him with a chain.
- The singer served four months inside.
- Speaking in 2016 after George became a judge on The Voice, his victim Audun Carlsen said the singer “ruined his life”.
- And one user said of his Jungle appearance: “I, and thousands of other abused queer men, will see Boy George on that show and feel sickened.”
Another said: “He chained a man to a radiator. Why is he still platformed?”
- We can reveal Boy George signed up to the show after plans for a Hollywood biopic on his life were shelved.
- The film got the green light in 2019 but singer-actor Yungblud, 25, picked for the lead role, said: “I don’t know what’s happening with the film anymore.”
- The other campmates are: Corrie’s Sue Cleaver, 59, Lioness Jill Scott, 35, ex-rugby ace Mike Tindall, 44, DJ Chris Moyles, 48, ITV News host Charlene White, 42, A Place in the Sun host Scarlette Douglas, 35, ‘s, 31, Hollyoaks’ Owen Warner, 23, comic Babatunde Aleshe, 36.
You can find this story in Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. : Singer Boy George becomes highest-paid I’m a Celebrity star with £500,000 fee
- 0.1 How much has Boy George been paid to go on I’m a celebrity?
- 0.2 Who has been paid the most for I’m a Celeb?
- 1 How much did Olivia get for I’m a celebrity?
- 2 Do celebs get paid for I’m a celebrity?
- 3 Who is most popular on I’m a celebrity?
How much did the I’m a celebrity get paid?
While ITV does not disclose how much the celebrity contestants get paid for appearing on the popular reality show, in the past stars have been expected to receive anything from £30,000 to £900,000, depending on how famous the celebrity is.
How much has Boy George been paid to go on I’m a celebrity?
Boy George’s staggering net worth from 40-year music career Boy George will be entering the Australian jungle this evening as he takes part in the 2022 series of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!. The singer is “being paid more than £800,000 to appear on the ITV show”, making him the highest-paid celebrity in the show’s history.
- Boy George, birth name George Alan O’Dowd, is an English singer and songwriter with a net worth of $50 million or £43,946,400.
- He is known for some of the biggest pop hits in recent memory, including Karma Chameleon and Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me.
- The celebrity is also famous for his striking, androgynous public image.
- Outside of the music industry, Boy George is a successful fashion designer and author.
- READ MORE:
Boy George’s staggering net worth as he becomes ‘highest-paid I’m A Celeb campmate’ (Image: GETTY • ITV) Culture Club 1983 (Image: GETTY)
- George Alan O’Dowd was born on June 14 1961 in Kent, England.
- He has five siblings and was raised in a Catholic, working-class family.
- During his youth, Boy George followed the growing New Romantic Movement in the UK, and he eventually moved to London where he became strongly influenced by artists like David Bowie, Marc Bolan, and Patti Smith.
- Boy George started his career as a member of the group Bow Wow Wow, before leaving to start his own band called Culture Club.
DON’T MISS. Boy George is known for pushing fashion boundaries (Image: GETTY)
- Although Boy George initially stated that he was bisexual, he later clarified that he is gay.
- The singer also used to struggle considerably with heroin addiction but has attended several drug rehabilitation programmes.
- Boy George’s net worth also comes from the property market; at the peak of his fame in the late 1980s, he paid an undisclosed amount for a gothic Grade-II-listed mansion in the North London hamlet of Hampstead called The Logs.
The property remained Boy George’s primary residence for the next four decades, and after major renovation, he listed the mansion for sale in September 2022 for $19.5 million. : Boy George’s staggering net worth from 40-year music career
Who has been paid the most for I’m a Celeb?
Noel Edmonds – £600k – Noel Edmonds. Noel makes-pretend-phone-calls-to-a-‘banker’, is-mates-with-a-giant-pink-blob Edmonds. That’s who got paid the most money of all time. He was parachuted into the jungle several days late, then got voted out first. He did just nine days for his £600k fee. Nice work if you can get it. Featured image: ITV News
How much did Olivia get for I’m a celebrity?
8 November 2022, 11:36 Will Olivia Attwood still get paid after quitting I’m A Celeb? Picture: ITV/Getty Olivia Attwood was forced to quit I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! after just 24 hours – but will she still get paid? Olivia Attwood exited I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! 24 hours after entering the jungle and fans are wondering if she will still get paid for appearing on the show.
- A spokesperson said that the former Love Islander was forced to quit ‘on medical grounds’, with a statement posted to Olivia’s Instagram Stories adding that viewers will find out the “truth in due course” about her reasons for leaving the show.
- Olivia Attwood Breaks Silence After Being Forced To Quit I’m A Celebrity Here’s How Much All The I’m A Celebrity 2022 Contestants Are Getting Paid The 31-year-old reality TV star was set to receive a huge payout for starring on the show, with the blonde beauty said to be earning a whopping £125,000 for her time in the jungle.
But will she still get paid for her short stint? Here’s what we know Olivia Attwood skydives into I’m A Celeb jungle Fans have been wondering if Olivia Attwood will be paid her full I’m A Celeb fee. Picture: Alamy
How is Boy George allowed on I’m a celeb?
I’M A Celeb fans all spotted the same thing when the show’s cast photo was revealed last night. Boy George was seen in very different attire to all the other campmates in the official 2022 snaps – wearing a spotted top and a special hat. 2 Boy George stuck out during I’m A Celeb’s 2022 cast photo Credit: ITV 2 The singer has been given permission to wear different clothes Credit: ITV While everyone else was in the jungle uniform of khaki shirts and red shorts, George was seen grinning in a hat like looked like it had exploded at the top. A show insider revealed tonight that the singer – famous for songs including Karma Chameleon – simply asked producers if he could customise his outfit. He said: “King of the jungle, how fabulous would that be? I want to be the Harry Redknapp of my generation!” George is appearing alongside several soap and reality stars, including Coronation Street actress Sue Cleaver, Hollyoaks’ Owen Warner and Love Islander Olivia Attwood,
Had Boy George left I’m a celebrity?
Boy George becomes fourth contestant to be eliminated from I’m a Celeb has become the fourth contestant to be eliminated from the 2022 season of I’m a Celebrity, Hosts Ant and Dec revealed that the star had revealed the fewest “votes to save” from the public and was then told to leave the jungle immediately.
- Radio DJ Chris Moyles narrowly avoided elimination, as he was revealed to have been in the bottom two.
- Boy George’s time on the programme was not without controversy; he was a vocal opposer of Matt Hancock joining the jungle, and most recently was criticised for,
- He also briefly discussed his,
- In his post-elimination interview, the “Karma Chameleon” star touched on his feelings towards the former health secretary.
- “Having Matt in here was difficult for a lot of reasons,” he admitted to Ant and Dec, before adding that he ultimately saw Hancock as “just a person” while in the camp.
“He is just a person. He mucked in and was really doing a lot to help everyone. Everyone was very kind and thoughtful, helping me eat the right things,” the vegan star said. New subscribers only. £6.99/mo. after free trial. Plan auto-renews until cancelled New subscribers only. £6.99/mo. after free trial. Plan auto-renews until cancelled
- Finally, when asked who he’d be backing to win the competition, Boy George named Mike Tindall as his preferred winner, as “he’s done the most”.
- Seven celebrities remain in the camp ahead of the final on Sunday 27 November.
- I’m a Celebrity continues nightly at 9pm on ITV1 and ITVX.
: Boy George becomes fourth contestant to be eliminated from I’m a Celeb
Do celebs get paid for I’m a celebrity?
The blood sweat and tears aren’t for nothing. Apr 12, 2023 9:50am The stars of I’m A Celebrity. Get Me Out Of Here! don’t head into the jungle expecting a walk in the park. They partake in challenges even the toughest of us would struggle with, living off a restricted diet and battling for even the most basic luxuries.
And for what exactly? Well, we all know the winning celeb will gift $100,000 to their chosen charity – but it seems there might be another not-so-little incentive up for grabs. As it turns out, on top of the charity prize money each contestant earns a pretty paycheque for their time in the jungle, with reports that the biggest stars can earn up to TWO MILLION DOLLARS! Nick’s face looks just like ours did when we saw these figures! (Image: Network 10) Yep, we’d be putting our hands up for the jungle experience for that amount of cash too! For the 2023 season, Daily Mail Australia has revealed that the latest jungle stars are taking home between $35,000 and $300,000 for their time on the show.
With help from an insider source, Yahoo Lifestyle has revealed that former rugby player and Bachelor star Nick ‘Honey Badger’ Cummins has raked in potentially $120,000 more than the next highest paid cast member. ”His deal his thought to be worth around $250,000 to $300,000, making him one of the highest paid campmates this year,” the insider said.
Who is most popular on I’m a celebrity?
The most popular contestant of all time, celebrity chef and presenter Gino D’Campo was crowned 2009’s winner with 83 per cent of the vote.
Has anyone been on I’m a celebrity twice?
Contestants – As of series 22, 254 celebrities have competed. Model and TV personality Katie Price, who appeared as a contestant in the third and ninth series respectively, was the only celebrity to have competed in two separate series, until the South Africa “All-Stars” series in 2023 which featured the return of other former campmates.
|Winner – King or Queen of the Jungle/Castle|
Do celebrities get paid if they leave jungle early?
How long the I’m A Celebrity contestants need to stay on the show to receive their money – It has been reported that stars will need to stay in the castle for 72 hours in order to receive a pay cheque in full. Do I’m A Celebrity contestants still get paid if they leave ITV show early? (Image: SHUTTERSTOCK) The Mirror report that there will be a cut in their fee if the stars leave any earlier than this. The rule came to light after Gemma Collins’ exit from the show back in 2014. Gemma Collins revealed she didn’t get her fee in full and ended up donating what she did get to charity (Image: Getty Images) The star opted to donate the money in full to Save The Children. “The show is three weeks long and Gemma was in Australia for five days, therefore she will receive a percentage based on that,” the star’s rep added. It’s believed Harry Redknapp was offered a hefty £500,000 pay check by ITV bosses (Image: James Gourley/ITV/REX/Shutterstock) It’s believed he was offered a hefty £500,000 pay check by ITV bosses to appear on the show, making him one of the most expensive stars in the show’s history.
- The former football manager, 74, was eventually crowned king of the jungle, so we’re sure show bosses saw the huge fee as money well spent.
- Prior to Harry’s jungle stint, boxer Amir Khan was believed to be the highest paid celeb to ever take part in the series.
- Amir was reportedly paid £400,000 to fly out to Australia, with show bosses determined to see him appear on the show.
For more I’m A Celebrity news, sign up to OK!’s daily newsletter here Story Saved You can find this story in My Bookmarks. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.
Why did Olivia left I’m a celebrity?
Why did Olivia Attwood leave I’m A Celebrity? – Olivia Attwood was forced to quit I’m A Celebrity after abnormal blood test results led her to be rushed to A&E. After being checked up the doctors there, it was revealed the reality star was dangerously anaemic. The real reason Olivia Attwood left the I’m A Celeb jungle revealed “I was confused and of course very, very worried.” Despite the hospital giving Olivia the all clear, ITV bosses weren’t happy to let her back into the jungle. “They feared my levels might drop and it could be detrimental to my health and wellbeing,” she said. Olivia Attwood has released a statement following her I’m A Celebrity exit. Picture: Instagram On Friday, the post read: “Thank you again for all the messages and love. Olivia will be back soon. “She dreamed of doing I’m A Celebrity for years, and was absolutely loving every second of the show and throwing herself into jungle life feet first (just as we knew she would).
Why did Olivia go out of I’m a Celebrity?
Why did Olivia Attwood leave I’m a Celebrity? shocked viewers when she quit I’m a Celebrity. Get Me Out of Here! just one day into the new series. It was initially revealed that the TV personality was forced to withdraw from the reality show due to a medical matter.
- Confirmed the news to The Independent, stating that the former Love Island star left the series “as a precautionary measure” in order to “undergo some medical checks”.
- A spokesperson said: “Unfortunately, the medical team has advised it is not safe for Olivia to return to camp as there needs to be further investigation.
She has been absolutely brilliant and she’ll be very much missed on the show.” The team running Attwood’s Instagram page wrote on Monday 7 November that the public would soon learn the reason for her exit. “To say Olivia is heartbroken would be an understatement, she dreamed of doing I’m A Celeb for years, and was absolutely loving every second of the show and throwing herself into jungle life feet first (just as we knew she would),” they wrote.
- Attwood had been shown entering the Australian jungle in the launch show, which aired on Sunday, 6 November.
- She was voted jungle VIP alongside radio DJ Chris Moyles after parachuting out of a helicopter.
- Attwood was the first ever ex- Love Island contestant to appear on the series, which is back in Australia for the first time since 2019.
New subscribers only. £6.99/mo. after free trial. Plan auto-renews until cancelled New subscribers only. £6.99/mo. after free trial. Plan auto-renews until cancelled Olivia Attwood has quit ‘I’m a Celebrity’
- Almost week later, Attwood gave a tell-all interview to reveal the reason she had quit the show.
- She told that a routine blood test, which all the jungle campmates undergo randomly throughout the show,,
- It also showed concerningly low sodium and potassium levels, which prompted ITV staff to take Attwood to A&E, despite the star maintaining she felt “absolutely fine”.
“I was so scared,” she said. “I was like, ‘What the hell is wrong with me?’ They couldn’t give me an answer; they just told me that they had to get me to the hospital immediately. “The results were really, really low when they put them into their reader and they consulted with another doctor off-site.
- I had those bloods done in England before I left, and they were fine.
- I was confused and, of course, very, very worried.” Attwood said the 40-minute drive to A&E “felt like the longest journey ever”, adding: “I didn’t know what to think.
- I was wondering if I had picked up a virus, if I was pregnant – all of these things were going through my head.
It was absolutely frightening.” In the interview, Attwood said she hadn’t yet discussed her fee with ITV. She was reportedly due to be paid between £100,000 and £125,000 to appear on the show. : Why did Olivia Attwood leave I’m a Celebrity?
How much did Myleene Klass get paid for I’m a celebrity?
I’m A Celebrity South Africa All-Stars winner Myleene Klass says there was a significant amount of prize money for her triumphant crowning for the ITV jungle spin-off show, but has announced the sweet gesture on what she’s going to do with it. The former Loose Women panellist first appeared on I’m A Celebrity.Get Me Out of Here! back in 2006 when she was runner-up in the Australian jungle alongside hosts Ant and Dec, and returned for the spin-off series which sought out to find the ‘ultimate jungle legend’.
The new series saw a bunch of familiar star-studded celebs from previous seasons battle it out head-to-head in the new setting of Kruger National Park until only singer Myleene and Diversity star Jordan Banjo were left to battle it out. The talented musician-turned-presenter, 45, took on the last trial against dancer Jordan in an infamous eating challenge where the pair were presented with a variety of gruesome insects such as mice tails.
Myleene came out victorious and was crowned. Days after her win on the popular ITV reality show, Myleene has revealed she won £100,000 and told fans on social media what she was doing with it. Myleene has been an ambassador for Save the Children for 11 years (Image: Instagram.com) Writing on Instagram, the mum-of-three explained: “I am proud to donate my I’m A Celebrity prize money of £100,000.00 to Save the Children UK. I’ve been an ambassador for 11 years in which time I’ve travelled the globe helping STC.
“The things I have seen will stay with me forever. Children in the Philippines playing by the ships that have run aground from the tsunami so they can be next to their parents that lay crushed beneath them. “Dancing with children in refugee camps in Jordan as their parents weave me a chopping board made of plastic bags to say thank you for being there.
(I still have it). Teaching rescued child brides in Tanzania the Solfa, Astronomy and Science as they study through the day, striving to become engineers and doctors to help their communities and at night, iron clothes and raise their own babies. “Trying to share out food in Bangladesh to families as they make one small meal of broth and a bean stalk last 24 hours.
Holding a mum in Nepal as she shows me where she thinks her baby is buried after they died of pneumonia and she couldn’t leave the hospital as she couldn’t pay the medical bill for 3 months, (it was £4).” Myleene continued to share more examples of people she met, adding: “We all just want the best for our children and due to luck and circumstance of birth, it’s not always something a child gets.
My girls have always helped me pack balloons, sweets, stickers and nail polish for the children I go to. They themselves are now mini ambassadors. “I’ve seen for myself, this money will go far. The mouse tails and rotten tofu were worth it.” And it didn’t take long for her Celeb pals and fans to share their praise on the social media post and show their appreciation of what she was doing, hailing her as an “inspiration” for the decision she made.
- Broadcaster Vanessa Feltz said: “Utterly magnificent!” Singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor replied: “Wow that’s brilliant.
- What a wonderful thing to do!” Former Made In Chelsea star Ashley James commented: “Incredible woman.” One fan wrote: “How inspiring is this @myleeneklass,
- What a wonderful human you are.” Whilst someone else quipped: “Bloody incredible woman.
I am in awe.” Another fan added: “What a thoroughly beautiful and decent person you are Myleene. Your children and husband must be so proud of you. Such a lovely thing to do. Bless you.” Someone else penned: “Wow. The world needs more Myleenes.” Get the latest celebrity gossip and telly news sent straight to your inbox.