- 1 How long does 750 grams of gammon take to cook?
- 2 Does a pressure cooker cook faster than a oven?
- 3 How long to cook 800g fully cooked ham?
- 4 How long do you boil a 500g gammon joint for?
How long does 750 grams of gammon take to cook?
|Pork Leg (87%), Water, Salt, Stabiliser: Triphosphates; Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate; Preservatives: Sodium Nitrite, Potassium Nitrate.
|Although every effort has been made to remove bones, some small bones may remain. Not suitable for microwave cooking.
|Front of pack information
|Per 100g serving Energy (8400kJ/2000kcal) 616kJ, 147kcal 7% Fat (70g) 8.3g 12% MEDIUM Saturates (20g) 3.3g 16% MEDIUM Sugars (90g) 0.9g 1% LOW Salt (6g) 2.9g 48% HIGH
|Specially Produced For: Aldi Stores Ltd., PO Box 26, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2SH.
|Country of origin
|Per 100g: Energy 616kJ, 147kcal Fat 8.3g of which saturates 3.3g Carbohydrate 1.1g of which sugars 0.9g Fibre 0g Protein 17g Salt 2.9g
|Keep refrigerated below 5°C at the bottom of the fridge. Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 24 hours and by date shown. Suitable for freezing. Freeze by date mark shown and use within one month. Defrost thoroughly at the bottom of the fridge before use and use within 24 hours. Never defrost in a warm room. Do not refreeze once defrosted.
|Directions for use
|Remove outer packaging, leaving casing on the joint. All appliances vary, the following are guidelines only. Allow joint to rest for 5-10 minutes before cooking. Always wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after handling raw meat. OVEN: Place joint on a baking tray and cover loosely with foil. Place on the middle shelf of a preheated oven (Electric 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4) for 1 hour 30 minutes, removing the foil for the last 30 minutes. BOIL: Place joint in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, skim the surface, cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 1 hour. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and carefully remove outer casing before carving. Ensure product is thoroughly cooked and piping hot throughout. Do not reheat.
|Unsmoked Gammon Joint With Added Water, Formed From Cuts Of Cured Pork Leg
|Maximum purchase quantity
Disclaimer Please read all product labels carefully before use or consumption. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the product information on our site is accurate, this information will occasionally change. This might include changes to allergy advice, ingredient lists, nutritional guides or dietary advice.
How long to cook a 750g gammon joint on the hob?
Boil gammon – If you’re going to boil your gammon joint, you’ll firstly need a pan big enough to fit the entire joint in, with room for covering it completely with liquid. You can use water, fruit juice, cider, or whatever you fancy, along with a mixture of fresh herbs to add flavour to your gammon,
How long to cook a 700g ham?
Cooking & Usage Tips – Preparation Instructions: Preparation Instructions: This Authentic Ham Is Fully-Cooked And Can Be Served Cold. For Best Results Heat To An Internal Temperature Of 140°F (60°C). Heating Instructions: Conventional Oven (Whole): Preheat Oven To 350°F (177°C),
How do you cook a Tesco gammon joint 750g?
All appliances vary these are guidelines only. Tesco recommends that all meat products are cooked thoroughly. Instructions: 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5 30 mins per 500g plus 30 mins Score surface to give crackling. Place joint in a roasting tin and wrap the exposed meat in foil ensuring the rind is left uncovered.
How to cook Morrisons gammon joint 750g?
Cooking Guidelines – Cooking Instructions – General. Cooking appliances vary. These instructions are given as a guide. Please ensure that the product is piping hot throughout before serving.; Hob – From Chilled. Remove all packaging. Place in a large pan of cold water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and transfer immediately to a baking tray.
- Place in the centre of an oven pre-heated to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6 for 20 minutes.; Oven cook – From Chilled.200°C, 400°F, Gas 6, 1 hour 25 min Pre-heat your oven as shown.
- Remove all packaging.
Wrap the joint in foil, place on a baking tray and cook for 1 hour 5 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 20 minutes. Remove joint from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Can you overcook meat pressure cooker?
CAN YOU OVERCOOK A ROAST IN A PRESSURE COOKER – Yes! It is possible to overcook a pot roast in the pressure cooker. More than anything, you will dry out your roast if you cook it for too long. Most of the beef flavor will run out into the sauce. On one hand, your sauce may be super flavorful, but your meat could be dry.
How long should I cook meat in a pressure cooker?
5. Diced Meat – Normally, it can take hours to cook a stew to the point where diced meat tastes soft and flavorful rather than dry and chewy. Luckily, the Instant Pot cuts down the cooking time to just 20 minutes for one pound of diced meat! To cook diced meat in the Instant Pot:
Season your meat as you normally would. Heat a little oil using the Sauté function and sear the meat. Add 1 1/2 cups of liquid (water, stock, etc.). Cook for 20 minutes (per pound of meat) at high pressure for large chunks and 15 minutes (per pound of meat) for small chunks. Use a quick pressure release method.
Does a pressure cooker cook faster than a oven?
Water and steam transfer heat better than air. That’s why pressure cooking is faster than baking.
How long to cook a 5.8 kg gammon joint?
How to cook Ham Types Cuts of ham and bacon are widely available smoked or unsmoked. Gammon ham generally provides the best texture and flavor. The quality of the ham is improved if it is dry cured and/or from pork carefully reared and fed. Which ever type you choose these basic tips will help you prepare it. If your time is limited you can place the ham in a saucepan of cold water bring to the boil and discard the water. Replace with fresh water and bring back to the boil.
- If you decide to bake your piece of ham without boiling then soaking is especially recommended.
- Place the ham in a saucepan of cold water then bring to the simmer in fresh cold water and cook for 30 mins skimming the surface of scum occasionally; As stated above if the water is still very salty discard it and replace with fresh cold water bring to the boil and subtract 30 minutes from the cooking time.
- Flavorings: Add seasoning such as onions, apples, wine, cider, bay leaf, peppercorns, allspice berries, star anise and cloves to the water if desired.
- Cooking Time: Cover and simmer for approx 40 minutes per Kilo (20 minutes a lb).
If over 5Kg (10lb) in weight reduce this to between 30 and 35 minutes per Kilo.15 -17 minutes a pound. If under 2kg increase to 60 minutes a Kilo, Cooling: Let the ham cool in its cooking liquid then drain it, peel of the skin and trim all but 1/2 in of fat.
- Note that the ham will continue to cook in the water as it cools so don’t do this if you want a firm ham.
- Plain Finishing: Remove any skin from the cooked meat.
- The fat can be scored and breaded if finished plain.
- The bread crumbs can be mixed with parsley and mustard powder,
- A classic finish is to allow to cool fully then coat with a chaudfroid sauce.
This is a white sauce set with aspic which can be further decorated. Baking Ham can be baked after boiling or it can be cooked in a oven at 350ºF/175ºC/Gas 4 for 10 minutes a pound, 20 mins per Kilo. Wrap in silver foil for all but the last 30 minutes of cooking to prevent drying out, especially if cooking a small joint.
- Baked ham is sometimes studded with cloves to add flavor.
- If you want to bake or braise then score the fat.
- Finish with glaze and continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes a Kilo at gas 4/350F/175C.
- Glazes for baked Ham : A glaze can be poured or rubbed into a ham to add flavor before baking. Here are some examples of favorites:
- apple juice with honey
- soy sauce with brown sugar & sherry
- maple syrup
- Heat the glaze in a pan and brush or pour over the ham, baste frequently.
: How to cook Ham
How long to cook 800g fully cooked ham?
SPIRAL SLICED HAMS These hams are delicious cold, but if you want to reheat them, the instructions are often on the package. Place the ham, cut-side-down, on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap the ham thoroughly. Or use an oven roasting bag; follow instructions on the bag for preparation. Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 10-14 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer registers 135F. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. If the ham came with extra glaze, follow the package directions for adding it and cooking the glaze. To glaze this type of ham, turn the oven to 400F, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the glaze is browned and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing to serve. SLOW COOKER METHOD Hams emerge very moist and tender from the slow cooker. Make sure that the ham will fit into your slow cooker. Place the ham in the appliance and add the glaze ingredients. You can also just add some coke or Pepsi, chicken broth, or water; about 1 cup will do it. Cover and cook on low for 5-8 hours, until ham is thoroughly heated. If you want to glaze the ham, place on a broiler pan and cover with glaze; broil 10″ from the heat for 10-15 minutes, watching carefully, until glaze is cooked. OVEN METHOD The goal is to reheat the ham without drying it out. The best way to do this is to place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Add water to the bottom of the pan and cover the whole thing tightly with foil. Bake at 325F for 16-20 minutes per pound, until a meat thermometer registers 135F. Unwrap the ham and apply the glaze; increase the heat to 400F and bake for 15-20 minutes longer until the glaze is burnished. GRILL METHOD It’s difficult to grill a whole or half ham because the method uses such dry high heat. Ham steaks or slices, however, can be wonderful grilled. If you do want to grill a large ham, use the indirect cooking method and make sure that the coals burn down to a gray ash coating before you add the ham. You do have to carefully read the label of the ham you purchase to make sure you prepare it properly. In this case, you are just reheating the ham, and the most important consideration is to make sure it doesn’t dry out. WHAT ABOUT GLAZING? Glazes, of course, add more flavors to ham and make the meat look gorgeous too. Glazes can range from a simple brush of maple syrup to complicated mixtures made of sugars and seasonings. They should be added during the last 20-30 minutes of heating time so they do not burn. If you’d like, you can score the ham surface and insert whole cloves in each
Is a gammon joint the same as a ham joint?
The answer is – not much! Both of these delicious and versatile cuts are taken from the pig’s hind legs. Gammon is meat that has been cured (by being salted, brined or smoked) and sold raw, whereas Ham is meat that has been dry-cured or cooked, and is sold ready to eat. In a nutshell; when you’ve cooked your Gammon, it becomes Ham.
Posted by: Posted on: 1 Oct 2019
How long to cook 600 g ham?
Cooking & Usage Tips – Remove Ham From Packaging To Heat: For Oven: Place Ham; Cut Side Down; In Shallow Baking Pan. Add ½ Cup (125 Ml) Water. Cover With Foil. Heat In Preheated 350°F (177°C) Oven For 45 Minutes Or Until Heated Through. For Pan-Fry/Grill: Cut Ham Into ½ Inch Slices; Heat Over Medium-High For 5 Minutes Turning Halfway Through.
Does gammon need soaking before cooking?
The resulting ham has notes of apple compote and a very satisfying sticky finish to the outside of the ham. – 1. Soak the gammon in cold water for 1 to 1 and a half hours. This will get rid of any excess salt from the curing process. ( Do note that if cooking with a dry cured gammon you will not need to soak before you begin cooking as the salt will not have penetrated through the meat to the same extent as with a wet-cured gammon.) 2.
- Preheat your oven to 140°C Fan and place the gammon in a deep roasting tin or a cast iron enameled casserole with a tight fitting lid.3.
- Take two red onions, slice off the top and the tail and remove the outer skin.
- Poke 3 cloves into each onion.
- Tuck these next to the ham along with 3 bay leaves and 5 whole allspice berries.
(You can always play around with the spices too!) 4. Find a nice dry cider – you’ll need at least 500 ml to be on the safe side. ( You could swap out the cider for water or experiment with white wine like a Riesling.) Heat up your cider in a saucepan until the surface is properly simmering.
- Pour the hot cider about half way up the sides of the gammon.
- Pop on the lid of your casserole or if using a roasting tin, make a loose tent of foil around the gammon, clamping the foil around the sides of the tin, it should be relatively air-tight.5.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 4 to 4 and a half hours.
When you remove the ham from the oven the core temperature should read minimum 75°C if it doesn’t continue cooking for another 30 minutes.6. Remove from the oven and rest for 20 minutes or cool down completely and enjoy sliced, in a sandwich. If you can hold yourself back, the baked ham should be happy wrapped in the fridge for up to a week.
Does gammon need to rest after cooking?
Resting for a minimum of 15 minutes after cooking is very important as this allows the joint to relax before carving.
How long do you boil a 500g gammon joint for?
How to Boil a Gammon Joint –
- Place the gammon in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover it and bring to the boil.
- Drain the water away and then refill with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes per 500g, plus an extra 20 minutes, making sure to keep the water topped up at all times. For example, a 2KG joint would need to be boiled for around 1 hour 40.
- Allow meat to rest for 15 – 20 minutes before serving.
Whether you’re boiling or roasting, get eating some gammon, it really is an underrated meal. You could even try cooking it in your favourite fizzy pop, you know which one I mean.
How many kg of gammon for 8 people?
Which size should I order? – If you are ordering a cooked ham, it is likely that the joint is to be eaten cold as part of a selection of meats. In this case we would recommend perhaps 125g per person. In this case a 1kg joint would serve approx.8 people.
How long to cook ham by weight?
For ham labeled ‘cook before eating’: For a 10- to 15-pound whole ham, cook 18 to 20 minutes per pound. For a 5- to 7-pound half ham, cook 20 minutes per pound. For a shank or butt portion weighing 3 to 4 pounds, cook about 35 minutes per pound. In all cases, cook uncovered until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.